Thread: Unable to move message to folder in Outlook 2002

Unable to move message to folder in Outlook 2002

Confidently someone can help me grasp what I should do to get Outlook 2002 to move wires in the inbox to organizers. I have attempted to do this by highlighting a few messages then after that dragging them to the folder, but I get a "cannot move the items" inform without elaboration. Any assistance could be treasured.

Re: Unable to move message to folder in Outlook 2002

You are able to make a late inform run. Head off to Tools>Message rules>Mail and move the post to a particular folder within Outlook.
    OR
    Highlight the message, hit File>Save As and select an organizer where you need it safeguarded in My Documents, Desktop, whatever.

I doubt that the underlying situation is an imperfection in Outlook, or some unique situations (an intricate communication impact) dependent upon my instatement. Doubtlessly, it is an entire parcel more favorable to have the ability to move and customize into a folder than to need to put them in another location.

When you first installed, did you set it like a pro in Exchange mode or Internet just mode. You might attempt modifying these around. Unfortunately there is no effortless was to uninstall/re-instate viewpoint fittingly as it keeps its settings covered up when you un-instate.

The sum total of our Outlook 2002 users gets this memo when they attempt moving wires from one organizer to an alternate one. It appears to be an Outlook 2002 situation and not an Exchange server situation, it began when we updated to Office XP.

Best equipped approach to alter this situation is as follows:
    • Find Outlook.pst and Archive.pst and move (DON'T COPY) them to an folder on your desktop.
    • Right click on Outlook's symbol and select lands.
    • Select Profiles and evacuate the individual case that is misbehaving. There need to just be one.
    • Restart Outlook and set up your message record again.
    • Go to File-Import and Export
    • Select Import from a different system or record
    • Select the singled out case that states import from .pst
    • Find your outlook.pst document opn your desktop from stride 1 and let the machine import the documents.

-That needs to do it and settle the situation.

In the long run I found Outlook.pst in C:\Documents and Settings\My Profile Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. I did not have an archive.pst as my auxiliaries are named intentionally OutlookBackup.pst and are spared into my reports.

I moved a post to a folder and I need to move it back to an additional folder on my letter drop i accept this note "could not venture to move the parts. The article would be able to not be moved. It was either even now moved or erased, or access was denied."

I ran into the same situation this nighttime, am utilizing 2000 Outlook, and attempted making a brand new folder and moved every last trace of the files. Halfway was ready to copy files into both organizers, but when I finished the move, slip began event again. I erased a pack of messages that were no longer worth keeping, and it appears to have evacuated the situation. I have a sensation it is dependent upon the number of messages in an organizer, and it slips out at some focus. I have been safeguarding documents in this for the final 4 years, neglected to check what number of messages were in it. Not beyond any doubt in the event that it is accommodating, but appears to be working.

The "Can't Move the Items" inform happens when the default .pst record (for the most part Outlook.pst) outstrips a greatest size. The key is to situated up a chronicle folder (which might as well have a marked .pst document, lsuch as archive.pst) and occasionally move messages to it.

Note that the organizer in all likelihood to send your .pst document over point of confinement is the Send Items organizer. This is in particular risky provided that you send (or accept) a considerable measure of messages with hefty connections. The max size for the .pst record is amidst 1 and 2 GB-I'm not confident what amount of but I know its in that reach.

I say this forasmuch as I actually had the same issue. It produces my Sent Items organizer had a gigantic number of parts in it. I can't move or copy messages within my Personal Folders, after the .pst record holding them were maxed. Be that as it may, I might move them to my file folder, which told me that the situation was a flood.

Once I transferred the mass of old sent messages to a Sent Items subfolder in my document, every last item worked fine again.