Thread: Where can we find Windows Picture and Fax viewer?

Where can we find Windows Picture and Fax viewer?

Having prevented Windows Picture and Fax viewer from being the default program to see jpg and other graphics files, I recognize that the method I would be able to utilize it (by decision) for slide demonstrates is assuming that I select a bunch of pictures and right click them and prefer see with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. When I attempted to spot where the program in fact conceals so I could probably begin it like a pro manually and utilize it for such jobs, I discover its no place to be perceived in C:\Program Files\. In addition its not even evidently hiding in C:\Windows\ or System so in what capacity can a shortcut be made to it, on the desktop in the event that its covering up in the framework to counteract individuals like me creating a shortcut to it? Does any individual know?

Re: Where can we find Windows Picture and Fax viewer?

I have attempted the beneath steps:
    • I have opened 'Windows Picture and Fax Viewer'.
    • Then opened Task Manager > Applications
    • Right Clicked Windows Picture and Fax Viewer > Go to Process and it indicates Explorer as the technique.
    • From this I surmise that Windows Picture and Fax Viewer is part of Explorer and is not a standalone application.

Same with me when I attempt try to application it heads off to rundll32.exe or something similar to that. I suspected that it lack the capacity to create a shortcut to run the Picture Viewer. Microsoft won't give you a chance to. They would like you to open it their method. Well I won't challenge print my response to that as I could get a kick out of any chance to feel I would be able to get assist from Microsoft in future (for what its worth) But that is spoiled that it needs to be run within something else.

I needed to have a strategy to get Windows Picture Fax viewer to head up manually to accommodate an old person who is not quite great with PCs but has been attempting to get into Digital Photography. Windows Picture and fax viewer works well when you download images from your camera. It opens and sees a slide demonstrate but the strategy to get it to do that from pictures even now in the files is drivel.

Utilizing Tools | Folder Options and the File Types tab I found that my .jpeg files were consorted with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer and by set up to the Advanced catch and alter the Open Action it sent it to "rundll32.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscre en". I then copy and glued this into the Start | Run charge and it began a clear form of the viewer. Put it in a shortcut and you are great to go.

I think it would just be able to work when it has a photograph jpg or pcx fax or graphic file associated with it that has been rung to open it utilizing that application. I uprooted jpg cooperation with the viewer a while in the past as I would have liked Paintshop Pro to handle all graphics by default.

When Picture viewer is open as a "clear application" there is no File Open menu good to go and undeniably no way that I would be able to see of bringing a document or a sequence of files with it.

In the event that you utilize the shortcut beforehand exchanged ideas about to carry up blank viewer window, you could probably drag & drop a picture into it and the viewer will showcase it. Furthermore, assuming that you utilize the left/right bolts the viewer will burn through pictures in the folder from which you dragged the first one.

Well the thing is I am able to make the Fax Viewer head up by sticking the way into Start RUN line, but I could not recognize an approach to produce a shortcut to that way on my desktop. I would like to partner JPG's with the fax viewer so I actually put the way to the viewer into RUN and obviously it opens the viewer. In any case this doesn't permit a right click and make shortcut from the viewer itself or from the RUN line of START RUN.

• To make a Shortcut on your Desktop right click on the Desktop and afterward sort the Location of the Item put
    • C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe c:\windows\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscre en
    • Click Next
    • Enter a Name for the Shortcut
    • Click Finish

Note the full way to both rundll32.exe and shimgvw.dll, there would be able to be a situation spotting them without the ways. Moreover you would be able to swap c:\windows with %SYSTEMROOT% for a more convenient shortcut.

More advanced alternative: Use registry updates to put article in Context menu of image file. One preferred approach to partner the viewer is to put a part in the Right Click Context menu of records such as jpegs. In the menu it would be able to express something like Open with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.

Here's what I did to evacuate this underhandedly dull program as my default picture viewer:
    • Click Start-Run
    • In the Open line type the emulating then click OK: REGEDIT
    • Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{e84fda7c-1d6a-45f6-b725-cb260c236066}\ shellex
    • Erase MayChangeDefaultMenu
    • Shut the Registry Editor-now your representations might as well open in the program of your decision.