Thread: VMware workstation 8 unable to work in Gentoo os

VMware workstation 8 unable to work in Gentoo os

I know it's not a Linux compatible, but generally works well.The installation itself was fine, but when trying to start any program in vmware I get the following error.

Code:
    NOT_IMPLEMENTED / build/mts/release/bora-471780/bora/lib/misc/vthreaadBase.c: 674
    NOT_IMPLEMENTED / build/mts/release/bora-471780/bora/lib/misc/vthreaadBase.c: 674

Re: VMware workstation 8 unable to work in Gentoo os

Similar error here, but the binary "VMware" brings the window of the workstation, impossible to enter the valuation key, get hold of a license or registration - OIF none of the buttons:

Code:
    NOT_IMPLEMENTED  /build/mts/release/bora-471780/bora/lib/misc/vthreaadBase.c:674
    2.6.39-gentoo-r3, 64bit SMP PREEMPT
    i5 CPU
    gcc-4.5.2
    xorg-server 1.10.3
    kde: 4.7.0
    No Linux distro supported is true, and probably never will be because of their nature .but this seems to be an error in the virtual machine was 8 and eventually appear in other, "up-to-date" distros .I will try to load the 32 bits in an "old" Gentoo

Is there any method to generate a license file containing the license key? (in view of the fact that I am not able to make use of the graphical interface "Enter License Key" option.)

Location of the file is probably / etc / VMware or / usr / lib /VMware / licenses /user all the information I found online applies to other VMware products.

Anybody to clarify why i cannot use "Enter License Key"? Are you only getting the statement to try to do this?

Each time you press "Enter License Key" button I get:

Code:
    NOT_IMPLEMENTED / build/mts/release/bora-471780/bora/lib/misc/vthreadBase.c: 674
    NOT_IMPLEMENTED / build/mts/release/bora-471780/bora/lib/misc/vthreadBase.c: 674
    On the console - no window appears to enter the password .As for creating a new guest, it looks good, customization "wizard" of fine and a guest VM is created .but I am unable to boot without a license.

In general, if you're a major user of gentoo workstation, you must: a) use profane and VMware add the overlay to your make.conf b) registration of troubles through the gentoo bug tracker bugs.gentoo.org c) for new versions of workstations, almost certainly desire to wait a week for the gentoo team to attempt and place VMware workstation 7.1 ebuild 0.4 is in great form for gentoo, I believe 8.0 also eventually be the similar. we just necessitate to figure out what altered in this version of VMware. Note that the most important portage tree can fall far behind VMware overlap, so if you're one of the first overlays is definitely the way forward

I tried 7.1.4 and secular (sedentary) to load the kernel modules vmware-2.6.39. All very fine, a license is well .You're right, wait a few days for an ebuild is an option, but otherwise I like to dig a little more to solve some troubles.

In this case one of the "options / solution" (I guess) would be the installation of a 'pro' version of Linux (KVM, of course) and move the license information back to gentoo to the accurate location and hope it works .The "vthreadBase.c: 674" Error I'm getting does not facilitate me in any case, continue with the following . I will await the results of the investigation of gentoo.

VMware will have to fix this anyway for Ubuntu and the rest are updating their stuff in a moment.

What version of libselinux you? In meticulous, we have seen this error before as a result of an error in libselinux TLS which we consider was fixed with libselinux-2.0.100. I cannot be 100% convinced that is the reason, in this matter, but absolutely worth checking out.

Well, I do not even have selinux installed, so I do not think that's all. I suspect that one issue of thread and look at the open-vm-tools (but not last) I think you should use the same code. Oddities with pthread_setspecific. I estimate, but that's just a presumption.

I am also running an SMP kernel 6.2.39-gentoo-r3 on a i7-2820QM 2.12.2 glibc, gcc 4.4.5, KDE 4.6.5.On my desktop machine has been running the workstation-7.1.4 without troubles lay. But thought it was at 8.0 to give it a run on my laptop.

I was able to install 8.0 on Ubuntu 9.10 VMW, install and enter the license, which moves the "license-ws-80-471780" / etc / vmware Gentoo - it worked. and I am able to start virtual machines .I also realized that in Ubuntu, the installation starts the GTK user interface (default behavior), Gentoo, try to Gtk or version of X during the installation could not move properly to generate the graphical installer - this could also be related to errors that are time (in different places, but still the same errors)

I have reported this all issues to VMware support people. It’s been 12 hours and I am waiting for their response. Hope this problem gets solved as soon as possible and thanks everyone who tried to solve above problem.