Thread: Installing Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) on VMware fusion 4.0.1?

Installing Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) on VMware fusion 4.0.1?

I have 4.01 on a Fusion Core 2 Duo MBP. I do not imagine you can locate instructions on installing Lion i. I have the installation file downloaded ESD.dmg on the desktop to install Lion, although its use as the CD / DVD only leaves the wizard with a gray screen and Apple logo. And I also twisted the ISO image with Disk Utility and tried it. Any suggestion for where to locate the instructions? Since it is now compatible, I assumed that creating a new virtual machine with the installation disk to do the trick. I do not want to re-download lion of the Mac store, if possible.

Re: Installing Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) on VMware fusion 4.0.1?

Follow this step to install lion os

1. In fusion, the menu bar, choose File> New.
    2. Choose Continue without disk.
    3. Drag and drop installation of Mac OS X Lion application disk operating system installation image or use the dropdown menu.The drop down changes to install Mac OS X Lion.
    4. Click Continue.
    5. Make sure the operating system is configured for Apple Mac OS X version is in OS X 10.7 64 bit then click Continue.
    6. To adjust any of the settings, click Customize the settings to specify the default memory (RAM), CPU, hard disk size, etc.
    7. Click Finish.
    8. When prompted, select Re-install Mac OS X and click Continue.
    9. Click Continue.
    10. Under the license agreement and follow the instructions to begin the installation. Lion download additional components necessary installation and then restarts.

InstallESD.dmg uploaded the file you downloaded previously and tried to drag and drop "Install Mac OS X Lion" of applying there in the inner frame of the "Use disk operating system installation or the image of" drop-down, but does not turn blue and will not fall on him. Redownloading I'll try using the click Options and run it from the Applications folder unless someone has new thoughts on how to make it work. in point of fact do not desire to dl 4.6 GB again!

Does anybody have a technique to install Lion from a USB flash drive (Mac OS X Install Lion.app) working by means of Fusion 4.0.1?

Fortunately I had both the USB drive and download the authentic file stored on a different hard drive. I could only acquire a lion to install from the actual file. Once you are on the USB drive did not work. In my opinion, the USB drive should be an option for the merger work.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, unfortunately, but currently, VMware does not support booting from USB devices, but you can try using the boot manager Plop. Plop I use to boot multiple USB devices that have Linux installed as a solution I can live with that for the moment however I have not tried to boot Mac OS X on a USB device, so do not know if it will work.

Update: After redownloaded the installer and the application was available in the Applications folder, I was able to drop into the wizard and everything worked properly.

I think the proposed lost my point and I could not have been clear what I was trying to explain. By creating a guest Mac OS, which requires the current installation file. I, fortunately, has a copy of that in one of my other records I've used to create the virtual machine. It also has a USB drive with the installer.

I would have liked to use the USB drive to create the virtual machine and not to return to current installation file. No need to run the virtual machine or virtual machine booting from a USB drive as I think you're trying to reference?

I was trying to point to the USB drive and try to point to the setup application on the USB drive in an attempt to use that as the basis for creating VM. The USB drive that I created, it was the downloaded file and copy the installer application on the USB drive by instructions found in many of the Apple blog sites. I would say that the download from the App Store has more access to data and then entered the file content to grab the installation file to create the same USB drive.

I'm confused about how this is possible. Once you download Lion of the Mac App Store and install the installer application is gone. You cannot re-download (at least on the same machine), because it is "installed". So how this would work if not from a USB device. I even grabbed the installer from the USB and put it in my applications folder and dragging that VMware does not work.

But this post is all discussing how the use is not working. People are saying that only worked with the actual download from the App Store. So if you have already installed Lion seems to be screwed at the moment. Holding down the option key does nothing in the App Store.

Sorry but there is nothing for me to diagnose here, it is not explicitly and specifically clear what it looked and what you did / or have done.

All that is required is the "Mac OS X installation Lion.app" together, not going into it and removing anything, etc. However, if you create a USB installer that you can boot a physical machine install and then you cannot use this to install on a virtual machine itself, because VMware products do not have the ability to boot USB devices and why I mentioned Plop boot manager (although as I said I did not I tested with the use case scenario).

If you have backed up the "Install Mac OS X Lion.app" package before installing or Redownloading that, USB flash drive, so that the Finder would "Install Mac OS X Lion" then you should be able to either point to it or drag and drop and install it.