Thread: How can I record a video of screen events in windows XP?

How can I record a video of screen events in windows XP?

I have created a desktop application for my college project. Now, I want to create a presentation about how to use the software that I have created. Recording each event from a digital camera doesn’t looks impressive. I have seen many tutorial videos where they had recorded the screen shots or events and made a video of that. I also want to do something like that. But, I don’t have any idea about how can I do this, therefore, I will need a help for this. I want to record whatever I do on my desktop in a single video. If anyone has did this or knows how to do this then please reply with a solution for this.

Re: How can I record a video of screen events in windows XP?

I will also like to know about how this can be done. I was planning to make some tutorials which I can give to my friend, who doesn’t know many things about computers. It will be very helpful if I give him some recorded videos so that he can play it any time when he forgets how to do particular thing. So, if anyone knows about this then please reply.

There are many softwares available which can help you to record your desktop and generate a video of it. One of them is ScreenCam. You can easily find it by searching it on Google. It gives a virtual screen camcorder so that you can virtually record anything which happens on your desktop. The latest version available for this software is ScreenCam 3. You should give it a try. It is really very useful software for recording your desktop. I will suggest you to first download a trial version of it and if you like this software then you can buy it also.

ScreenCam 3 is also good software for doing this but here I know another which can also record your screen events. Its name is HyperCam. It is a video capturing software which can generate AVI videos by recording your desktop. You can use this software to make turorials, presentations, or any other related things. It will also allow you to choose frame rate and compression quality before you start recording your session. It supports sound, screen notes and text annotations and it is just best for creating any software demos. Therefore, I will suggest you to download this software for making your presentation.

Yes, I also use its latest version HyperSnap 7 and I think it is the easiest and the fastest software to capture windows screen. I also use it to capture the texts from where I cannot copy the text directly. It can also be used as an advanced image editing software along with a screen capturing software. It is really very easy to use. You can try using its demo or you can also find its previous version freely. Just Google it and start using it as a powerful screen recorder.

Thanks for suggesting about these softwares. But, it will be nicer if you can suggest any software which comes for free and is equally good as those software. I don’t want to buy it because, I have to use it just for now, or may be few more times in future. So, please suggest some free screen recording softwares.

If you need free software for recording your screen events then there is a software called “Free Screen Video Capture” by Topviewsoft. It can record your desktop and generates an AVI file. You can use your mike also to record your voice simultaneously. This software also allows you to set quality and the framerate before starting to record. In short it is a complete pack and comes free of cost. You can find it easily by searching on google. I also use this software to create tutorials and other videos.

I downloaded “Free Screen Video Capture” by Topviewsoft. And I found that it is the exactly what I needed. It is just an awesome and very useful software. And it is also unexpectedly it is very easy to use. Thanks for sharing this information with us.