Thread: How to swap Outlook personal storage table to MBOX

How to swap Outlook personal storage table to MBOX

I am using Outlook 2010, and after all I want to convert my Outlook PST (.pst) in to MBOX, and I also want to know the complete information about these formats. Since I am very new to this, so if you friends have any information regarding this format and the conversion between this two then please help me out, I need your idea, so guys provide the necessary information regarding my issue.

Re: How to swap Outlook personal storage table to MBOX

The Personal Folders (.pst) are in Unicode format in Microsoft Outlook 2010. The maximum size of .pst is pre-configured limit of 50 GB. Also if we want to change the size of the file in Outlook 2010 that can be increased or decreased by making changes to the Windows registry.

.pst file is is an open proprietary file format used to store messages, calendar events and other releted item within the Microsoft Exchange Client, Windows Messaging, and Microsoft Outlook. This type of file format is also known as Personal Folder File, Off-line Folder File, Personal Address Book (.pab). by moving file from the server to the .pst, the user can free the storage space on their mailservers. In order to use this file .pst from another location the user have to access to that file in a straight line over a network from his mail client.

MBox hold the collection of electronic mail messages. The entire message is concatenated and stored as plain text in a single file. Some of the e-mail client uses an adjustment of the mbox format meant for their mail folders.

The MessageSave support the conversion of .pst file to Mbox. So if you want to convert the Outlook messages in MBOX format perform this simple step.
    First of all you have to invoke this following command "Tools -> MessageSave -> Apple Mac Export -> Export Messages". After that Click "Start Export". And as a final point MessageSave will export your email messages to a folder on your desktop.

In order to convert the pst file into Mbox you have to first install the Mozilla Thunderbird on the machine, you can download that from their official site. After you have complete the installation process you just open it and go to the file and then select Import. Which will import your pst file. Now the application thunder bird will automatically convert your .pst file into Mbox format