Thread: unable to open more than one Excel document at a time

unable to open more than one Excel document at a time

Hi, I was using MS office 2003 previously but recently I have installed MS office 2007. And it is working perfectly, but the wired thing that I have noticed yesterday was like I am not able to open more than one Excel document at a time. I have tried so many times the same thing, but nothing went perfectly.

And sometimes I have to work in multiple windows at the same time so at that time it becomes quite difficult to manage them as I have close the one first and then only I can open another one.

Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: unable to open more than one Excel document at a time

are you getting any error message or some warning while opening the document? If so then it would be better if you mentioned that as well so that we can assist you further more precisely. Because I haven’t seen any such problem ever with my MS office and it works perfectly.

But first of all tell me are you talking about another excel file or the worksheets in the same opens excel files?

I also have the same question as whether you are about to open another Excel sheet or a worksheet, because see if you are about to open a new excel sheet at that time you have to make sure whether the name of those files are same or not, or else you’ll not be able to open them.

I am also not getting the actual question that you have mentioned but still but How can I open 2 excel files in two excel windows. But for that you have to make some change through the folder option. You can simply follow the mentioned steps.
    • First of all you have to open Windows Explorer and choose "Tools" and from that last option called "Folder Options", select it.

• As soon as the folder option window get open you have to select the
      "File Types" Tab and a list would be appeared showing too many extensions. So just Scroll down to find and select the “XLS” extension.

• You got it Click the "Advanced" Button and choose the "Open" action from the list. Now from here onwards you have to make some real changes.

• Click the "Edit" Button where you’ll get the message saying "Application used to perform action:" and if you didn’t get you have to add it, and put the values mentioned “/e "%1" to the end of the file path and Uncheck the "Use DDE" box.

• And then click ok to finish the operation and then try to open the file.

NevaCitricAcid Guest

if you are still getting the same problem as you are not able to open it then it could be the some problem with the MS office you have installed in your PC, thus I would like to recommend you that you should try to reinstall the software again in your machine, and if possible then you should install it from another setup, I mean to say not from the one from where you have previously installed it.

you were right actually as there were some problem with the MS office I had installed previously, but after reinstalling the office it worked perfectly.