Thread: Error message 0x80070002 encountered by Windows Live Photo Gallery

Error message 0x80070002 encountered by Windows Live Photo Gallery

Using Win7 Pro 32bit with SP1 and all updates installed. And got and error code 0x80070002 in windows live photo gallery, I don’t know now what to do? It just got stuck and after sometime gave me this error now please anyone help me with tell me what is this? Has anyone ever faced this problem and if yes then tell me about it and help me out of this.

re: Error message 0x80070002 encountered by Windows Live Photo Gallery

This is just a weird problem I have been using the same OS and with the Same pack but have never faced any problem from where this problem has arrived to you and I don’t think there is anyone else who has been facing this problem and you are the first one to ask this question and face this problem don’t know what would be the solution. But would like to tell you that just remain sticked to the basics. Reinstall the program and all and see if it is helping you out because I don’t think that there would be any other problem with this that can lead you face all; such problems so I would be asking you to remain with the same solution and it would be helping you out for sure.

I also think that you are the first one to faces this problem and you need to reinstall the windows Live Photo Gallery there is some problem with it and the files have been corrupted and the reinstalling would be fixing those problem.

This problem is been faced only when the database that is been in the used in the track with the photos or may be having a video which are corrupted. And this is the problem been faced by number of people but has been expressed in some other ways anyways lets try to fix it out.

First thing what we have to do is generate the database file:
    For this first step would be close the program I mean the Windows Live Photo Gallery now go to strat and the run and then search for the %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Photo Gallery and then press enter.

Now there would be an image icon over there you have to right click say on Picture.pd6 and then rename it. Now start the window live photo gallery again.

Now one more thing I would like to tell you is that now you need to regenerate the windows thumbnail cache and for that you need to close the windows live photo gallery and then click on start and then search for %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer and press enter.
    Right click in the window and make a new folder, just select *.DB files and then move to the new folder directory and then start the program again.

If this process fails then what you need to do is:

1. Close all the instance of the windows live gallery.
    2. Open task manager.
    3. Go to process tab
    4. Search for WLXPhotoGallery.exe and end it.
    I hope this would be helpful for you.

Ok so can you just try to do system restore and see if that is helping you out. I think that there must be some software installed and that may have corrupted some of the files in that folder and because of that you must be facing the problem just solve this problem by system restore.

I feel like this live gallery can get number of viruses when it is used online, or I would say that you must have got a wrong update or a faulty update, I mean that the update you must have downloaded that must be having some error with it and it must be corrupted and you have upgraded it with the faulty update and that’s why you are facing the problem and you need to get back to the previous version and see if you are getting the same error again and if not then your problem is solved and if yes then delete that windows live gallery and install it again.

Never have faced such problems with this program so this is something very strange for me but I would be saying what I would have done if I would have got this problem and what I actually do when I am facing the problem with the windows application just move to the website of the windows and complain or ask the support about this and ask them to help you out and I am sure that you would get some help over there.

Re: Error message 0x80070002 encountered by Windows Live Photo Gallery

What i personally feel is these are the problme which may be faced due to following reasons:

* May be if the default security provider option in you operating system must have been changed.
    * The other possibility might be that the system drive letter has changed.

look out for these thing may it help you or give you some idea.

One more thing what i am thinking is this problem can be because of some software that would have been in changing the default security provider settings and all.

at the point of solution i would be saying uninstall the application and reinstall it and try to delete first registry key and then reinstall.