Thread: The photos that are imported are not showing and only grey boxes are shown.

The photos that are imported are not showing and only grey boxes are shown.

I had some photos in my SD card which I had put in my computer, the photos open when I open it in Picasa3 or Paint but when I try to see them as Photos, only grey boxes appear. Same thing happens on other computers as well. Can anyone help me find a way to have full size photos of the thumbnails?

Re: The photos that are imported are not showing and only grey boxes are shown.

You imported the photos from your SD card, they show as photos in paint and Picasa3 but when you try to see them as photos they don’t show as photos. The normal sizes of the photos are in megabytes. The thumbnails are small that is in kilobytes and are together in one file called thumbs.db and they are not separate files. I would suggest that you use Picasa3 or Paint only to show them as photo’s.

Satyrs Guest

If the thumbnails are actually showing a picture, it is possible that the photos are saved and you should stop looking at the photos in Picasa3 or Paint and try to search the actual destination where the files are stored. Go on the Start Menu and then click on Search and type .jpg in the given search area and press enter it should show you all the photos with .jpg extension on your system. All the Best!!!

You can also try using the SD card recovery if you have never used your card again ever since it has happened, however there is no guarantee that the problem will be resolved. You can visit the card recovery website or the file recovery tools websites to recover your photos.

You can also try and search for some free card recovery tools or software’s that are available on the internet.