Thread: Missing important folder from my desktop, need help!

Missing important folder from my desktop, need help!

I am running Windows XP Service Pack 3. I unequivocally recognized that a critical organizer which doubtlessly holds significant archives is absent. I have fulfilled a Windows Search incorporating shrouded organizers and found nothing. I have likewise ran 2 unexpected recovery/restoration programming and have found files/folders erased over 4 or 5 years back, but nothing from this organizer. The just remains I have found are from the "My Recent Documents" envelope:

C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\My Recent Documents

Where there are one or a few shortcuts from some documents that were in the missing folder. Be that as it may evidently these shortcuts are dead as the folder/files have moved or vanished?

Re: Missing important folder from my desktop, need help!

Why not actually restore from a backup instead of head off to every last trace of the exertion of attempting to recover the files? You do have a backup don't you? You declared the proposed were quite essential archives, so definitely you could have a backup.

Notwithstanding if the files have been erased, then each compose activity tackled the drive, for example instating recovery projects, just expands the chances that the space where the files lived should be overwritten with brand new information. You might as well quit utilizing the drive quickly and take it to an expert.

One specific dreadful sort that pretends to tell you your system has been infected and you ought to buy product, can shroud essential records and organizers and there are systems for 'un-concealing' those.

We have Windows issues with degenerate profiles where it will, well you know that! Make certain to not utilize this drive but put it as a slave on a different system so you don't overwrite the lost files.

You are right with insight into the past obviously I see that I ought to have backed up my files, but that is the way the treat pulverizes, its too late now.

The recovery programming permit me to scan for all indexes that have been erased regardless of in case or not they have been overwritten. In the event that they have been overwritten then the outcomes will still presentation the records but with a remark stating that they have been surely overwritten. Yet the hang-up is as I have specified the files try not to show up in my consequences. I first was the fate of their vanishing yesterday; at most the records have been headed off for up to one month. Inasmuch as the outcomes from both software’s. I used showcase erased information that should have been extended overwritten from up to 2005-2006~. Thus this ought to not positively be an issue, if the information has been overwritten then the index ought to still put forth fit as a fiddle or a different one.

I try not to accept it is any viruses or malware on my PC. I am running MalwareByes (MBAM) and PC Tools Spyware Doctor. Anyhow the earlier might as well be the finest in counteracting malware; I have it on engaged protect, so no requirement for me to actively sweep my machine.

The just thing that has happened to me in the past month that would have created some sort of error could be; Firefox hanged whilst I was perusing a homepage tvcatchup.com I suppose there is some issue with glimmer? There was no reaction so I switched off the computer by keeping down the power bind, this happened on various events within approximately 20 moments. This in the long run advanced to my PC upon booting not yet getting to the presenting screen. When I clicked tab to drop in bios, it could take an extended time (a few moments), finally to identify that both hard drives cannot be discovered. This stumbled over the following few boots. I then switched off laptop and started to undo the base plate holding the hard drive, yet one of the screws could not turn out, in any case I afresh attempted to boot my PC and situation illuminated.

I know that unique admin people or home users would not be able to comprehend the terminology but Windows can lose the user's records if a profile ends up being degenerate. It's an old issue and more often than not I would be able to get the files back in the event that I am able to get the drive BEFORE the manager utilizes the machine. That is, if they recognize the records are gone and I get the head as a slave on an additional PC I am typically able to finish the recuperation.

A degenerate (profile is the account you log into XP with), 'can' create situations with files. It would not be able to be the case here but it is worth an attempt.
    What you should do is:
    • Make a brand new "Admin able record".
    • Reboot, (restart), XP and log into XP utilizing that late record.
    • Take after the directions in that Microsoft channel to make yet a different Admin fit record and duplicate the information from your particular, suspected adulterated profile, to this newfangled record you have created from that direction.
    • Make a point not to erase the old, likely debased record yet.
    • Reboot and log into this 2nd revamped record and test.
    • Since you identify all your files and if all items else acts as you trust, then when a while you could probably erase the influenced record.
    • Anyway make sure to accompany that direction painstakingly. Since you utilize Outlook Express minister your messages, (Outlook Express, not Outlook. They are a few distinctive message chiefs), then note the feasible situations with that.

Hope the steps help you.

When files go out lost NEVER utilize the drive. NEVER establish applications to spot the indexes on that drive. MOVE the drive to an additional PC with recovery programming like RECUVA and get the files out.