Thread: Unable to play Windows Media file on preconfigured Windows 7

Unable to play Windows Media file on preconfigured Windows 7

Hello guys I am having a problem in running the Windows Media DRM which is the protected file or can be said as the Zune DRM protected file over my system which has windows 7 and which is preconfigured now please help me with this? I have completely no idea about this and am searching for some help from you guys.

Re: Unable to play Windows Media file on preconfigured Windows 7

There have been number of user who has been complaining the same, mostly the user of the Windows 7 E" version has been found to have this problem. Can’t say which would be the best solution for this but I can talk about the reason which has been leading to cause this problem and this is because of the windows 7 which is preinstalled over the new system by using the image of the windows deployment technology. The proper windows installation is the problem for the Windows Media DRM and Zune DRM systems and they have been affected by this and so we face the problem like this.

To have some more detail about this problem and know the way how to get over them we need to learn more about the CODECS and then we can try out the VLC PLAYER. And I am sure that this would be giving you some solution about this. And I don’t think that the MICROSOFT does issues any OS that would be Playing to tell anything about this.

I have some good ideas to solve this problem out, it is basically when they are not functioning properly then you need to use the ResetDRM tool to reset DRM systems and hopefully they solve the problem and it is having a long step for it as follow.

First thing what you have to do is Test whether Windows Media DRM and the Zune has been functionally properly on the computer or not if you don’t know how to do this then you need to follow the following steps.
    You need to download the Sample media file. Now you need to Open the downloaded file and this is done to play the media. Ok now you need to know that if you have been promoted to install a windows media player component upgrade and this can be done by opening the media file and then clicking on the option for the UPGRADE.

People has been getting some error message about the media usage when you would be playing the media file and then you would be needing to use the ResetDRM tool. And if there would be no error message then you would processed with the step of the Microsoft customer support services

Ok guys nice to see you guys trying to help me out of this and well you have been talking about the ResetDRM can you guys tell me how to use this application I haven’t heard about this before and this would be ma first time with it.

Ok not a tough deal with it.
    First I would be saying what this tool actually does this would be deleting all the existing windows media DRM licenses on your current windows7 and then I would be saying that they should be only used when Windows Media DRM and Zune DRM content playback is nonfunctional then lets talk about the steps.

1) Download this tool. Install it and it should be run in the administrator mode,
    2) Some important news for the windows 7 service pack 1, you can set the RESETDRM.exe application with the windows 7 compatibility mode. And for this you need to click on the properties and then click on the compatibility tab and then click the check in the checkbox and for run this program in compatibility mode and select the windows 7 and then click ok.
    3) Now simply replay the downloaded media file that ws used in step 1 to re test the DRM file and I am sure the problem would be resolved. If the Windows Media DRM protected media plays successfully, the issue is resolved.

I think for this you need to contact to the Microsoft support just email then and I am sure they would be giving you some hint about it (http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=assistance) see if you are helped over here.

I think you need to look in the option of the windows media player in the privacy that you would need to uncheck the download usage right when you would be sync the file. I think this should solve the problem. I have solved the problem somehow with this trick itself don’t know if you would be getting bit lucky with this or not. Hope you do.

Thanks for suggestion guys and i would be saying that it was a good discussion and i have even mailed to the windows support and i am waiting for some help form Windows lets see what they would be saying and i am sure that they would be giving something logical too. Anyways thanks and i am happy to get so many suggestion from you it was nice deal.