Thread: Create Custom Photo Sliders using Adobe Edge

Create Custom Photo Sliders using Adobe Edge

I have been looking for a good script/css/html5 application for the intention of creating a custom sliders/pages intended for my personal photography site. I actually dislike the excessively planned bells as well as whistles sliders you can compose on nearly all cookie cutter blog/website elsewhere there. I'm a photographer not a web developer. Currently I would like to be capable to float a essential extremely transparent animated navigation in excess of top, slider with keyboard controllable, resize images within browser window. Does the Adobe Edge capable to do this or should I need to look for something else?

Re: Create Custom Photo Sliders using Adobe Edge

When talking about the software manufacturer Adobe is usually pretty quick flash on the language: after all, this is one of the more controversial technologies of the company. While some point out that much of what can be done in Flash so with open standards is impossible to achieve so far, others see it as primarily a proprietary barrier to the development of truly independent of the Web - even this one, the last in the years had repeatedly faced with serious security problems.

As far as I know that image sliders can be generated using Javascript on your homepage no pictures, but can be provided with certain effects with the javascripts in this category images, which sometimes (not always ;-)) can be quite useful.

With Adobe Edge, the company that is bringing a development tool that is completely dedicated to creating web animations with open standards like HTML5, CSS3 and SVG. In the latest Developer Preview the concentration is still on the core tasks, but later to other HTML5 technologies, such as video and audio support but also support the Canvas element to be added

A complete disposal of the flash is still not present, but also at Adobe itself is stressed now that will change the role of proprietary technology. In the medium term, the focus here will lie mainly with the support of 3D games and other areas that can be cross-browser implemented with open standards currently difficult.

CursorWiz is a simple and practical application of the web that allows you to create icons and cursors mouse customized for Windows operating systems. 'S interface offers us a simple grid where editors can create and / or edit images provided by the site or uploaded directly from your computer. There are tools to modify color, size the brush and erase the pixels too. Completed the work, you can save the new image of the computer as a mouse cursor or icon. Free, no registration required.

For easy multiple instances of a slider on one page we applied the code to work with objects. All variables of an object put in a slider, and passed to all functions.

The slider in this example only shows pictures. But instead of images can also (nested) divs used. Anything is possible in terms of layout. You should only note that all positions are relative, as it should be moved to the slider.

Dhtml slider where you can now use? Perhaps you use in your organization WieisWie. You would then use the slider to the pictures of your employees to demonstrate. When users click on a picture to the details shown.

The work on Edge, which is available for developers to download from the Adobe Labs site of the company, is a kind of recognition from the main house design software that the Web is moving away from Flash. E in its place focusing on open standards HTML5 as well as its numerous sub-standard, which can make the similar effects in a non-proprietary through-compatible Web browser without a plug-in.

WOW Slider is a free utility that allows you to easily create photo galleries with modern slider effect for the Internet. You do not need any programming knowledge. With just a few mouse clicks you make effective photos galleries.

I think that the best way for you to get some knowledge. As far as I now that the only for you to create custom sliders, you will need to know about Javascript, CSS, HTML, programming otherwise image processing. With these you can compose a striking gallery.

The new flash image slider Professional version 2.0 is based on the flash image slider Professional version 1.0 and was further improved and extended with additional functions. Fundamental changes are the central handling of text formatting an external CSS file. The path to this file can be customized by you individually so that you can integrate your central CSS file and maintain all texts in one place. This creates visibility and saves time. You further determine effects of five; how the images are behave when driving with the mouse. New Image Slider in Flash Professional version 2.0 is that the mirror was animated and enlarged simultaneously with the image.

kagtha Guest

Adobe Edge is still in its infancy. I was able to make a simple photo gallery but I do not know anything about javascript, I just kind of hacked it together. Adobe Edge will soon be a lot of things, as of now it would be very hard to use it for automated processes like putting up nice looking photo galleries in a little amount of time.

Soon I suspect you will be able to make whole websites with nice subtle transitions.