Thread: Unable to run stylesheet in firefox && error: Parsing an XSLT stylesheet failed

Unable to run stylesheet in firefox && error: Parsing an XSLT stylesheet failed

Hi, I used to used firefox as a default browser in my machine but the thing is like I have created some stylesheet and some of them won’t open in FF6. Whenever I try to open them in firefix 6 it just gives me the error as I have mentioned in the title, I have gotten this error for the first time and thus I don’t know what could the reason for this problem !

Any suggestion would be appreciated for resolving this. thanks.

re: Unable to run stylesheet in firefox && error: Parsing an XSLT stylesheet failed

There could be a variety of causes. And to name a few:

• illogical/incorrect path to the stylesheet

• Unacceptable characters in the stylesheet

• indecent syntax

• inadequate Permissions on the file.

and there are too many more thus according to me you should make sure that the code you have written in the file is perfect or not, because a simply “.” Can also make mistakes.

re: Unable to run stylesheet in firefox && error: Parsing an XSLT stylesheet failed

Well, "Error loading stylesheet..." is normally encountered by the XSL parser, not the browser.

Firefox will not attempt to parse or read your XSL file instead it will attempt to make a "tree-node" representative of the document. Things that the browser will mark effortlessly for you are for example:

& instead of &

or unclosed elements such as <br> instead of <br />

or

mismatching elements <span><div></div></span>
    etc.

IF the problem on the file is permissions, the browser will also detailed it because it will not be able to recover it from the server.

Re: Unable to run stylesheet in firefox && error: Parsing an XSLT stylesheet failed

have you ever tried the same document to be open with another browser? if not then according to me you should first of all try that as if suppose you are able to open them in another browser that simply means there could be some problem with the FF browser.

And if you are not getting any problem with another browser than you should try to open them using another browser only, what is the problem in that.