Thread: How to enable "Save and Quit" feature in firefox 5

How to enable "Save and Quit" feature in firefox 5

Hi, I used to used firefox from last couple of years and the features that it has like "Save and Quit" before closing the window is too good, as we always get the closed windows and tabs well, that help us to avoid repeating same thing.

But at the same end I am confused in other version as I don’t know how do I enable it my firefox 5, is there any one here who have done this settings in their browser?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: How to enable "Save and Quit" feature in firefox 5

I would like to tell you about the newer feature they have included in the further versions, as because of that only it doesn’t ask for save and quit the windows.

You can simply refer the image below.

As you can see the highlighted are, by clicking that you can restore all your previously open tabs.

I am agree with the above user as it is the best way to maintain the browser history as well. and in fact I like the way they have organized this session actually, better than ever before.

But isn’t it much effortful? Because in firefox 4 we used to get them open directly as we open the browser and here we have to open it by clicking that.
    And though you have mentioned the picture here but still how can I get that page as well, because I have already change my home page.

I am agree with the above user actually, because it is much far better than firefix 4, because see while we use FF4 it generally opens on It on, even if we don’t want to open them and that’s the pathetic thing as we have to close them again, but here we can have option whether to open them or not.

If you don’t like this version than you can simply have the previous version but still I am also in favor of other user as this facility is quite more good apart from the you are expecting.

There are too many other browser that you can prefer in order to get this functions, as the opera is the best according to for you, as there you don’t have to even make any settings, because whenever you close the browser it just saves all the open tabs and restore it whenever you open the browser again.

Yeah you must be right actually in fact I don’t want to debate on this but still was just asking as if suppose there is any way so please let me know so that I can have the same facility as I was having in FF4.

Anyways thanks for the suggestion guys.

yeah you can do it for sure. Just follow the mentioned steps in order to carry out the results you are expecting.

• At the pinnacle of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and ‘Tools” menu in Windows XP and then click “Options”.

• As the option window will open, there would be so many panels so among them select the General panel.

• From the when Firefox starts drop-down, “select Show my windows and tabs from last time’.

• As you done with this Click OK to close the Options window and restart the browser.