Thread: Unable to install downloaded adobe edge

Unable to install downloaded adobe edge

Hi, I have recently downloaded the program called adobe edge for my mac running machine, but don’t know I am having some problem with the installation, as I have tried to install so many times but don’t work however. And in my other machine it works perfectly, in which I have installed windows 7, so whether the software is released for the windows only? or we can install the same on mac as well?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Unable to install downloaded adobe edge

Nopes let me tell you as the software you have downloaded is for mac as well, but still you should try to make sure whether the version you have downloaded is for mac operating system, because of the setup’s are actually different, in other words you can’t install the version which is actually intended for windows operating system and at that time you must have to download the one which is meant for the mac osX.

As there are different version of OSx, you should make sure that the software you have downloaded is perfectly compatible with the mac os you have.

I am agree with the above user as you should ensure the compatibility for sure, and then try to install it in your PC.

But if suppose you are sure that the version you have is perfect. Then I would like to tell you about the further steps that you have to carry out in order to simply install the software in your mac running machine.

First of all you need to have DMG files installed in your machine so that through that you can simply mount another installation files. Thus since you have installed the software you have to open "Adobe Edge Preview" file in the mounted DMG. And the installer will prompt you for installation and surely you’ll be able do the installation.

if you are using Mac 10.4, then let me tell you as the software is not compatible with this version, and instead you must have to wait for another version to be released.

Yeah unfortunately I am using mac 10.4 version only, but still either I have to wait till the newer version gets released.

Anyways thanks for the suggestion.