Thread: Word Documents not opening with proper Title in Office 2011

Word Documents not opening with proper Title in Office 2011

Currently I am using the Office 2011 in Mac. Everything works fine in this and I am able to work all office related documents. The only annoying and the problematic thing I have recently found that Mac is not opening the document Title as it is. For example, date inside the Title is like X/X/XX format but while opening it showing in X.X.XX format. I don’t want to change all of my documents title. How can I resolve the problem now?

Re: Word Documents not opening with proper Title in Office 2011

With the title, in this context means the contents of the title bar of the window of the program used to display the document and not the title of the text itself (nothing prohibits the same, but for Accessibility they are two different elements).

Normally in this bar is the name of the file, and this is the first content that a screen reader reads. So as a first step try to name the files with understandable and descriptive names whenever possible. It is very interesting and helpful to hear "doc23_1980ab.doc - Microsoft Word."

Word cannot view the title bar of the window the title assigned to the document, but a PDF is possible. It is therefore important to know how to add this information to the Word file and display it in the title bar of the open PDF document into a reader.

Time to try the extension. Doc set to take place. Docx or turn to change the file name, even though it looks fine.

I believe the problem here is the OS X does permit one to place / like a character within a file name while it actually shouldn't. Furthermore as stated, this is a bug while porting Office in excess of seeing as Windows doesn't permit / otherwise \ in filenames, as they usually indicate folders within a filepath.

The conversion between formats is not always best ... When you go in the "save as" to save between the formats you see different versions of Word. Test if some other version of Word format is better. If you find a solution post it in the forum for future reference and correct the title of the thread into something more meaningful like: "Format. Doc does not save the 'index of the document"

It seems to me like a bug in office 2011 into the port of the windows edition of 2010/2007 to generate 2011. On windows you’re not permitted to make use of such. And additional characters too. UpdateOffice to the most up-to-date version 14.1.2 . I am not certain if this is has been fixed. I think that other than renaming files, no option left.

You need to look in the "Activity Monitor" what the processes running in the background are trying to find the culprit (in comparison with the machines that work normally). Maybe something that starts at the opening session (see the panel of System Preferences "Accounts"> "Open"). Obviously, something in your installation prevents the proper interpretation of certain elements, which remain to be identified, which is not obvious...

Word 2011 is stable with me and also has no problems with larger documents. Normal document with a circumference of 24 pages, numerous footnotes, internal links not even begin to stutter. For larger documents (larger than 50 pages, usually over 100) I leave at the beginning, before I start working, by running the word count. Word has it recognized the full document and a work in the entire manuscript is available without restriction. However, I also use the ability to set bookmarks to not always have to scroll. It's always difficult for larger documents. The use of tables of contents, keyword lists, pictures, and turned on spelling and grammar checkers, I'm used to. I'm not such a long time had more stable Word on the Mac, as the current version 2011 version 14.0.1

The only restriction so far: If comments take when the review mode of hand (so that they on one side along with track changes in the layout view no longer on the edges are completely visible), then has been checked - but even then only on documents of more than 25 pages and the condition described on more than one page.

Mac OS X does not allow slash characters within file names. The character is held in reserve in support of the folder separator. OS X is a Unix system: no slashes otherwise additional witty characters permitted

In terms of resettlement, remember once again that resettlement is a frenetic sport that does not practice much on the Mac. In reality, it does not usually appropriate solution to a problem with an application because it is not very often the problem is a corrupted application files (especially if you just install it once).