Thread: WYSE P20 and ThinPrint has been behaving weird with the MAC OS

WYSE P20 and ThinPrint has been behaving weird with the MAC OS

My problem is the printer has not been able to map through the ThinPrint Gpo and the GPO has bene applying the printers based over the MAC of the P20, the printing has been working with the PC device using the view client and then the printer map has been giving the auto connect error this has been very irritating can you guys help me out with the problem I have been really very upset with this I Can't get client name (-1) and Can't find documentation anywhere on this nor is VMware support helping. We have an open ticket suggestions for this too.

Re: WYSE P20 and ThinPrint has been behaving weird with the MAC OS

There are few queries which you need to look out for and once you answer for them the problem would be solved. As you would be getting lots of idea regarding this. So I would be saying that is that OEM version of the ThinPrint within the view and the latest one. And if not so then I think that you would be getting bit lucky by getting it to work with the p20. Then one more thing I would like to say is that the OEM thinPrint requires the client side piece of the machine which has been connecting with the VDI machine with the P20 would not have a client side piece because it has been a zero client. I hope this would be giving you some idea.

Things cant be said about the quality of the VMware and its support because there has been a good support and with that there are bad support too. So I think that you cant directly say anything bad to this. Anyways I can say that there is a thinprint would be requiring the client side component and that can be installed with the zero client and then you can have a look over for the zero client which has been optimizing the guide from the VMware for the validation.

With all this there has been a zero client support of the thinprint and it can be uninstalled for the virtual desktop by using the view from the agent installer in respect to have a CPU cycles been reduced.

Yap this would be a right suggestion and to the above comment I would like to add one more thing, but I am not very much familiar with all this stuff regarding the location been based on the printing as it has been a great fit according to the environment.

I think that whole of the problem is because that the thinprint is been unable to support the Agent and as there has been a location based printing been supported with this. The zero client would be send to enable the features. Now if you really want the thinprint to work then just offload the print job and this is not supported but if you have been using this for the location aware of that stuff this is doable. All this has been very tough to explain but I hope that the problem would be solved sooner.

The problem with this is I haven’t saw any solution been working with this if once these application has been failed and that has been worrying me a lot because I keep trying number of thing but none of them has been solving my problem.

Try to open the regedit and the go to HKLM\Current User\Volatile Environment there you would be getting all the information you would be needing to locate the based printing. And I am sure that you would be getting some help over there.

Well let me try out to solve this problem hope I would be able to give you some hint when I was with all this at that time i disabled the virtual channel to get all this work. That would be the answer to your smartcard and I know that this is needed to work with the DOD sector. I would be writing a script that would be looking at the connection if it is connected or not form the zero client and if it is found connected then it would be running with the GP that would be disable virtual channels. And if it is not then it would not work ever.you can keep it simple and have a group of the VMS that are for the ZCs and then there are some of the softe client but that would never going to work.

Satyrs Guest

Don’t you guys thing that this can be the software of the hardware problem and what I think that this is the software and the hardware problem and the developers do know that and they have to work with it and they are we would get some solution in some days by the developer itself.

Was a weird problem for me and i was helpless and at that time what was the first thing about it i felt was to ask you about this and that's what i did and it was worthy thanks for helping me out the suggestions did worked nicely. i knew that there would be some of the best solution from someone over here and it did helped me a lot. The issue for this application with the MAC OS has been a problem because most of the guys dont like to comment over it as i have found that the windows user are very much and they only like to help over the topic for the windows and so it was strange to see so many comments and it was really very nice.