Thread: bridged network, DHCP not working with Lion OS and Fusion 3.1.3

bridged network, DHCP not working with Lion OS and Fusion 3.1.3

This is a weird problem with me what I have saw is Pre Lion upgrade, working fine and the Post Lion upgrade haven’t been working fine at all. And then the he guest is having 2 NICs, one bridged, one host only. And whenever I have been trying to connect the MBP with the wifi and with an apple airport extreme base station then the guest has not been able it obtain an IP via DHCP. Suggest me something.

Re: bridged network, DHCP not working with Lion OS and Fusion 3.1.3

I have been having the same problem and I have been having a little change and it is I am having a windows 7 VMware and it cannot be bridge with my MIFI 2200 when I have been utilizing it with the USB. But when I have been trying to connect it with the WIFI it has been found working. Now under the Fusion control panel it has been showing auto detect but I haven’t found that it has been ever able to detect the MIFI modem automatically and the plugged via USB and this was working with the pre lion OS.

Can you try to run the uninstaller and re install the VMware fusion 3.1.3 and then also try to install the UBUNTU 11.04 with the network setting which has been set on the bridged mode. And also try the other mode and see if it helps.

Would be asking you to have a simple attempt and I would be hoping that this would be solving your problem. Ok so try to remove the adapter from the device manager and then just restart it to see if this has been able to fix the problem or other then this just try out to uninstall the adapter from the device manger and then shutdown the VM and then again remove the network adapter from the VMware with the fusion setting and then retart the system and see if it is working out.

Have you guys tried to remove it and then add it again in the network adapter from the virtual Machine and then go to the setting and over there the network window is there and you would get the help over there.

It has been a weird solution for me but the best part is that it has been solving my problem. So my case was like I have been trying to remove the virtual network card from the virtual machine and that should be through the VMware software. And I have been trying out number of tricks but none of them worked properly with me so what next I tried was the booting my DHCP server and then replacing the network cable. And everything was sudden, and whatever happened was the best thing because after that things started working on the right track then. I would be booting in the router or any of the device which the mac has been physically connected.

I think that the simple reinstallation of the application would be the best thing and it should solve the problem because I have saw it practically solving the problem for many of them and with me too. So it thinks the simple reinstallation should solve the problem.

None of the solution would be solving the problem this is what is my personal view. And I am saying this because ei have been trying out number of this but none of them has actually solve my problem till now and so I think that this is the problem with the application itself it cant be solved by the common trick in the system this needs a change from the developer itself and then only the problem would be solved what I mean to say is we need to wait for the actually update to come which would be solving the problem.

I am also having the same thinking that this is the problem with the application itself and I have readied this at many places so I think many of the expertise’s are also thinking that same and have been asking to wait for the update.

Guys thanks a lot this was a problem which i was really not expecting with this OS and this version of the application but i was really happy when i saw you guys helping me out of this and this was a better solution from you guys. i was searching for it a lot and i haven't got any proper suggestion regarding this but i dint found anything and i was expecting something better over here and i got it thanks a lot.