Thread: Apple allows us to virtualize the Lion desktop version

Apple allows us to virtualize the Lion desktop version

Hello guys I have heard that Apple allows us to virtualize the Lion desktop version so can anyone let me know something about this? I don’t have much idea about it and want to know about this so I would be asking you guys to share whatever you know about this and help me to let me know whatever you can help me with.

Re: Apple allows us to virtualize the Lion desktop version

Ok so what I know about this is the Vmware developers have been looking out to support the future release, now the fusion can presently would be virtualize with the server installed in the OS X until the new release. There have been people who have been dealing with the knowledge about how to hack the virtualized desktop which is having the lion OS they are very well talent with this and such guys can give you a complete view I don’t have much idea regarding this.

Basically I don’t think that this is ever a easy step to do this would be always needing a good knowledge for it most of the user won’t be knowing about it. As many of them haven’t been very much familiar with the Lion OS.

I have a successful way to manage to create the virtualized and installed desktop of the lion on the VMware fusion which has been running on lion and the steps are below.
    1) There is an installESD.dmg file and the tutorial talk which has been on the installer download of the install MAC OS X Lion. You can see for it in the installer package there you can see the shared support folder. Just click and then drag the installESD .dmg to somewhere else now holding the command key would let you make a copy.
    2) Now when you would be creating the virtual machine then you would be needing a set of 2GB of the ram other than 1GB because on 1 GB lion wont install .
    3) Now after you have installed now there is no need to be around with the VMware boot menu which was needed to add the vital server plist file. Now once this is been installed then just shutdown the new virtual machine and when it would be prompting for the reboot option then the mount would be on the new disk with the VMware disk image and this would be using the disk mounter with something like this.
    Code:
    $ /Library/Application\ Support/VMware\ Fusion/VMDKMounter.app/Contents/MacOS/vmware-vmdkMounter /Users/john/Virtual\ machines/Lion.vmwarevm/Lion.vmdk
    $ cd /Volumes/Lion.vmdk/System/Library/CoreServices/
    $ sudo touch ServerVersion.plist

After trying harder and harder I have been able to start the testing of the lion client. Most of the key apps has been not able to be used as they are not compatible with this os. I would be liking to have a virtualize lion OS and this has been true from the above steps only I would have been suggesting you the same thing it is bit complicated but it would be working fine once you are known with it.

Hey what I know about this is when the VMware tool would be installed the work would be done and it has been working very nicely with me ya the graphic would be a bit problem and creating a laggy but it would be working fine.