Thread: Has anyone installed Mac OS X Lion on vmware

Has anyone installed Mac OS X Lion on vmware

I am trying to run Mac OS X Lion on vmware. I have an iso file. But this does not work at all. I do not know the actual method to make this work. Did anyone successfully tired this. What are the causes and effects of the same.

Re: Has anyone installed Mac OS X Lion on vmware

I don't think that this will work. Right now what I know that you can run Mac OS X Server or higher only. And there is also an issue of legally using the operating system on virtualized platform. So better go for product support before doing the same.

It is better you must discuss the technical details of this. I too want to know whether Mac OS X Lion will work on vmware or not. This is just for information that does not mean anything to use this operating system illegally. Surely Apple will provide the retail disk of the same to run on Intel systems and on that time we can run authenticated copies. I tried to read ample of threads on vmware communities and found that there are hardly support for the same. I also tries to found the policies and terms discussing the same. But there are very less discuss on this. There are not better patches also available for the same. Surely some suggestion here on this will put more highlight on the terms and services of using Mac OS X Lion on vmware.

There are users which are evaluating the performance of same on vmware, but there is no success. Surely there will be lot issue for virtualization while using Mac based system.

Vmware has support for new operating system for apple base system.But that is only faster some major update. On the other hand Linux based systems works more smoothly on the same. There are no major updates yet released for apple operating system. I had tried some older version already on mac system and that worked, but not for the new one. Apple has already provided an virtualization support for running other operating system on Mac based system. But in revert using it on non mac based system there are very less information available.

I had found some guides on internet which shows information on installing mac os x Lion on vmware. But I don't know how much those guides are proper. As the videos show that they are working properly.

There should be surely some kind of mod versions of Mac OS X Lion which can make it work on vmware. There are no official update still provided by Apple for the same. So that can be a place where it lacks. Vmware is an third party virtualization provider. So cross platform compatibility is the one which really matters here and once Vmware is not getting support from apple there is nothing much you can do.