Thread: PowerPoint 2011 crashing while opening .PPTX files after upgrading to Mac OS X Lion

PowerPoint 2011 crashing while opening .PPTX files after upgrading to Mac OS X Lion

I had upgraded to MAC OSX Lion and I want some help here to fix problem that I am facing with Microsoft Office. I am not able to open pptx file in the same. There are projects which I had saved in my system. Whenever I am trying to open those files Office crashes. I do not know what happen after the upgrade while things where working quiet fine. Can anyone help me to fix the issue.

Re: PowerPoint 2011 crashing while opening .PPTX files after upgrading to Mac OS X Lion

There can be different reasons behind the issue. What you can do is try to re-install office back and see what output you are getting. I do this mostly in my Windows system. Few times after upgrading this kind of problem appear. But when I install or run a repair setup it starts working properly. I also giving you a link that has different troubleshooting steps.

Troubleshoot Office for Mac applications

Re: PowerPoint 2011 crashing while opening .PPTX files after upgrading to Mac OS X Lion

What is the exact error you are getting. Without that it is not possible to give you solution. If it is just crashing then you cannot do anything. You have to re-install the same as mentioned above. Most of the time this kind of problem does not occur after a proper upgrade. You can try adding the application back again in your system. And then test. Try to check all office files.

I never like Microsoft Office on Mac. It is always buggy and keeps on crashing. I am using the default office application that comes in Mac. It is also quiet complicated to troubleshoot the same. For time being you can use the default office tool and go ahead with some new updates. I hope you will get a fix for the same. Updates add more stability in your system.

You have to restore the Mac OS settings to fix the issue. It is better you backup your data before doing this. For that just restart your mac system. Then choose restore from the boot menu and then click on Disk Utility. Select full scan. You can then restart the mac normally. And this would be enough to fix the issue. This fixes most of the software issues. If there is any issue then you would be able to get that information from Disk Utility.