Thread: Getting VMware VDM server authentication failed error, While trying to login in vdm client using vdm

Getting VMware VDM server authentication failed error, While trying to login in vdm client using vdm

I have an ESX host at 3.5, a CV of 2.5, a DC and a VDM Connection Server in an environment of POC. The VC and VDM are breaking in a domain member server. Local POC settings. I installed the VDM client in two different places and can not enter I get the error mentioned above. I have my settings VDM venture capital; I have two different users in the configuration of VDM as administrators. You can even use one of the users to access the web administration interface VDM on the local server.

I have DNS and DHCP working fine. I can ping all directions and can authenticate all domain servers on my little test. I've even been able to create an XP virtual machine to a desktop from a template and have to join the domain during sysprep customization. Is also configured through the web administration interface and gave it to authorized users. This however does not give me anything if I can not even access my server with the client VDM. I would greatly appreciate any quick help in this case. I read the manual and thought I had everything set up correctly, but apparently not.

Re: Getting VMware VDM server authentication failed error, While trying to login in vdm client using vdm

VDM Admins are not automatically entitled for VDM desktops; I'd double check with your entitlement settings. You should make sure the myös desktop is enabled and with myös enabled for provisioning.

Re: Getting VMware VDM server authentication failed error, While trying to login in vdm client using vdm

To entitle your pool you must:
    1. Log in to your View Administrator Console
    2. beneath check select pool
    3. highlight pool
    4. click on entitlement
    5. pop up window will ask for specific user right

Now you will be able to log in to your clients. Note, this is for View 4.5. 4.0 is pretty similar.

Thanks for giving your wonderful suggestion .i were also facing the exactly same problem. Now it is solved.