Thread: What things you like to see in VMware view 5.0

What things you like to see in VMware view 5.0

• Local Drive Mapping - for users on the client software, which would sometimes be useful to be able to assign through the local units. Citrix and Microsoft allow this in their products
    • GPU virtualization - this is great. We get into customers require support for OpenGL and excludes View as a answer.
    • Combine internal and external VCS - the fact that we have to run two separate virtual machines to enable internal and external connections PCoIP is maddening.
    • Improved USB support - too many USB devices cause strange behaviors too. Press the eject button on a DVD and restore the session. Scanning with a USB scanner and accidents DVM.

Re: What things you like to see in VMware view 5.0

For security place server in dmz which is not part of ad or domain.

Profile management is something I'm very excited. Almost no other functions would be happy if you just added. To be fair, I'm happy that they are waiting until it is fully stable before release, though I wish it was out.

Management profile would also think a great thing to do. I’d like to see further improvement in the ThinApp and View Integration. I believe that better information is still on order. I think the database event was a great idea, but I would like to view reports within rather than having to write my own queries on the SQL server.

Also keep in mind that any suggestion with the intention of there should be submit to the characteristic demand. This in reality help you be familiar with what VMware User wan for future releases

Success rate of ThinApp applications is 53 %. The applications that I can not get ThinApp for one reason or another are well-liked applications and HP emulation packages In fact; by means of MS products SCCM to push applications to my designated ThinApp VM.
    The summary of my troubles ThinApp are:
    • "Invalid Path" error message when trying to add applications in the inventory in the GUI admin View
    • Applications are blocked when trying to prove my Linked-Clone VDI virtual machines.
    • The icons are placed on desks, and he was captured in the process of ThinApp.

One of the characteristics of integration with Vista / ThinApp I want to see in an upcoming version is the user-centric allocation of thinapps of sight. We used a single parent for all users; nevertheless have a lot of streaming thinapps that unfold in a per user basis. Assign them group policy. This works fine for us and does not put in much when login as streaming thinapps are small enough to install in a few seconds. But I would do this from the view instead of GP, which is quite awkward.

Right, you can use different relationship with Citrix servers and RDS, but not a requirement. I guess what I'm saying is that would be good for VMware gave the customer the option to deploy a less safe, eliminating the cost associated with running two servers.

VCS Combine internal and external need to run separate virtual machines. A connection of PCoIP is annoying.

This is probable today. It has been possible since RDP VDM 2.0 to 4.6 for Vista and PCoIP. Each VCS has the identical components. If you wish for to depiction to the VCS on the border of the network and tunnel RDP connections or PCoIP might do all the VCS has the similar capabilities .

I just set this up and see what the trouble is. I do not think you need anything.

I would like to observe a mechanism that could unite a session of "users for hold up requests. Dameware at present make use of to carry out this task, nevertheless other competitor is, and Citrix has this characteristic built in.

I love to see the agents for both Vista and server Ubuntu OSX. I can create virtual machines with these guest operating systems on ESXi (well, ok, no OSX yet), but I also want to deploy virtual desktops based on virtual machines, since not all users want to use our W7. Work in progress, I've heard, but no confirmation.