Thread: Unable to do Nat port forwarding in VMware player in Linux (centos 5)

Unable to do Nat port forwarding in VMware player in Linux (centos 5)

I was digging around for a solution to a problem I'm having with port forwarding NAT. I found a lot of jobs, but they either were a little different or not resolved .I am running Windows 7 64-bit professional edition. I created a virtual machine with VM Player 3.1.3 build-324 285.The guest operating system is a Linux Centos 5 machine. Well I use Firefox in CentOS5. However, if you try to run apache .or other services within the VM can not beat the services my machine. This is what I've done so far.

Set up NAT port forwarding for UDP and TCP / IP. I checked the file and is configured in the approved manner vmnetnat.conf with 20000 = 192.168.2x2.1xx:20000.So the idea is that if I hit the port 20000 on the host that the appeal is sent from beginning to end in virtual machine and have Centos 5 apache on port 20000 grip the appeal. I disabled the Windows firewall on the machine I even turned NC (netcat) on Centos 5 machine to listen in for connection on port 20000 and listens unwearyingly to be in vain. Applications will not make it through NAT port forwarding.

Re: Unable to do Nat port forwarding in VMware player in Linux (centos 5)

Apache is configured to listen on port 20000? Have you rebooted the host and guest, or at least reboot the services complicated in both host and guest?

Tried a pair of dissimilar ports. I reassigned to the service to sprint in 5088 on Centos 5 virtual machine. Port forwarding of the pc is present on port 5087.

Disable windows firewall. Ports are open on Centos 5 virtual machine Running netcat as service on port 5088 in the Centos 5. No connections by means of the accomplishment of the Windows host machine to acquire in front.

Code:
    # lynx http://localhost:8888
    #8888 = 192.168.27.128:80
    # SSH
    # Ssh -p 8889 root@localhost
    #8889 = 192.168.27.128:22
    5087 = 192.168.232.129:5088
    [incomingudp]
    # UDP port forwarding example
    #6000 = 192.168.27.128:6001
    5087 = 198.168.232.129:5088
    [PrivilegedTCP]
    autodetect = 1
    [PrivilegedUDP]

There's also something I did not understand "an attachment a copy of vmnetnat.conf." as I did not say copy and paste the contents of the file?

Copy and paste the entire contents of the files (including the command or terminal sessions), which contains more than a few lines is considered rude people do not have to continuously scroll through messages unnecessarily long, especially since the thread grows with new answers.

i did following thing.
    1. Firewall disabled
    2. Service is running in virtual machine at specific port
    3. Access Virtual machine service
    4. I cannot access the service on the host machine using NAT port
    forwarding.

If Apache is simple to make use of, nevertheless netcat is easier. Try 'nc-l port figure "then click on that port by means of every type of request (HTTP, Telnet, whatsoever you desire .I tried both but host OS application was ineffective. If I be capable to resolve the reconfiguration of the firewall on the guest OS

I don’t know why it is not working for you guys. It is working for me. Hope you guys need to contact VMware support people. May be they can solve your trouble.

I tried contact VMware but no response yet. There website seems to be down from last three hours.

netcat is much easier if you are okay with using the command line and although I have no problem passing the time of a terminal unless you know a user is comfortable with what is in general going to use Apache as most important Linux distributions installed and reachable by default.

Anyway the point I was trying to do what I assume has now arrived and in the context of opening port 5088 on the guest from the host is using url which will work not considering of port forwarding if not, particularly when it was established that the guest is connected to the Internet in general then the problem is in any of the defaults that have not been modified or unmodified, or other settings are not configured correctly on the guest.

I have not used Linux in time, so I had been playing with iptables. Everything looked good from that perspective with the rules of correct configuration of routing incoming requests on specific ports. When you say "Firewall disabled from the Options tab of the firewall security level settings," I thought, what the hell that is. Three clicks later I had added the ports in the direction of the firewall exceptions and the whole thing was behave as it should.

I have all firewalls disabled, I configured VMware Workstation on Linux through nat.conf file to listen on port 80 and forward to the guest operating system inside the NAT, however, when I do a nmap, the host is not Linux even listen to anything on port 80. So when I try to surf the Internet at Linux server is not forwarding ports in the guest operating system. Is there a little I have to accomplish to make active port forwarding in VMware Workstation? I indicate, I configured the file nat.conf, but perceptibly not using it.