Thread: Getting Error 'Cant load Visual Basic for Applications' after installing Office 2011 on my Macbook Air running OS10.7 (Lion)

Getting Error 'Cant load Visual Basic for Applications' after installing Office 2011 on my Macbook Air running OS10.7 (Lion)

I am facing this problem since 2 days ago i had just now installed Office 2011 on my Macbook Air which is running OS10.7 (Lion). My problem is that whenever I am trying to exit from a Word document I am getting a error saying 'Cant load Visaul Basic for Applications' I really don't have any idea about it but i have not changed any kind of default setting yet and this have started appearing only after i have installed Office 2011.Is there any one who have experienced the same problem and can help me out to resolve this? any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

re: Getting Error 'Cant load Visual Basic for Applications' after installing Office 2011 on my Macbook Air running OS10.7 (Lion)

Before i suggest you any thing about this just answer me whether you are getting the error for some of the documents or just for all of them? and just to check this out just try to create a new blank template and just save it as the default source for Word 2011 an later try opening that document.If the document is opening well than you might be having the version issue basically your document would have been created in earlier version and that might be the reason you are unable to open it in word 2011.

re: Getting Error 'Cant load Visual Basic for Applications' after installing Office 2011 on my Macbook Air running OS10.7 (Lion)

As far as i know you might have got a Macro virus in your word 2011 it might be that One or more documents is unfortunately triggering a macro and running it every time whenever you are close any document and probably prompting you for control information.Try running a antivirus if it works then good and fine else you have to reinstall your word.

In some cases user's specific information gets corrupted which later cause problem in installing or using any applications in order to check if your problem is due to this then just create a new user account and try to test your application again.I had faced this problem long time back and had solved the same by performing this solution.You can give it a try and it might work for you as well.Best of luck.

Re: Getting Error 'Cant load Visual Basic for Applications' after installing Office 2011 on my Macbook Air running OS10.7 (Lion)

I think that you might have not complete uninstall of the previous version of the office which you were using for your mac,what i will suggest you to check out for the previous version files and folders in your drives and after you find then just move them to trash and make it clear that you empty the trash as well.Later uninstall your word 2011 for your mac and then reinstall it this should probably solve your problem Because in much cases this problem occur because of the improper uninstall of the previous version.