Thread: Microsoft word 2011 for Mac Crashes in Draft View between Advanced Search and Footnotes

Microsoft word 2011 for Mac Crashes in Draft View between Advanced Search and Footnotes

I was using the word 2008 and ever thing was fine but since I have upgraded to Microsoft office 2011 what happen is when i Word file with footnotes and View it in Draft View not in Print Layout Click View Footnotes and Word 2011 will open up a split screen view then go to Advanced Find and Replace and Search for something or do a Find and Replace then Click into the bottom footnote view and the next thing you will see the world will crash I don’t know what is wrong with it but I think it’s a bug can anyone confirm and find the way to cure it I would be appreciate this thanks should I report this to the Microsoft support or to the Apple support

Re: Microsoft word 2011 for Mac Crashes in Draft View between Advanced Search and Footnotes

This is a very annoying fault, and it would be great if Microsoft would repair it as quickly as possible. Hope ity would get fixed soon

Re: Microsoft word 2011 for Mac Crashes in Draft View between Advanced Search and Footnotes

Same problem I am using Office 2011 on a fresh install and the latest with Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and with Office. I would be eternally thankful if someone could help. This is really frustrating and out of control error as it cause my performance

I not able to tell you exact off is that it doesn't occur at this time. I track it gradually several times, but never occurred. Clicking into the footnotes pane just brings the document ahead. There's no difficulty toggling the dialog back to the front to do an additional Find and/or Replace. That recommends that it is an issue which is local to your installation or the document. I'd suggest that you first verify the following;

• version of OS X is fully updated
    • Office is fully updated (14.1.2)
    • Restart the Mac

If the issue carry on do the following tests & answer here with the outcome of each

• hold Shift while logging in to see if the trouble persists
    • Hold Shift while you begin Word to see if it makes a difference
    • Launch Word in a another User Account to see if the problem arise there

Also, you need to see does this occur in every documents or just definite ones What else can you present about the formation of the document Any details could help to figure out the problem

I am also facing the same problem can any one assist me about this

There is already solution posted on this thread please read it completely and the solution doses not work then the please give us any information could help to outline out the trouble