Thread: How can I modify the Mac Excel 2011 to sperate by semicolon rather than of comma?

How can I modify the Mac Excel 2011 to sperate by semicolon rather than of comma?

Recently I have started to use Mac on the computer of mine. Now I was looking for the importing the CSV data from the MySql database into Excel 2011. It supposed to sperate by the commas rather than of the semicolons. When I supposed to use the export it is using the commas to sperate. I tried lots of stuffs to make the thing working for me but it was not working at all. Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How can I modify the Mac Excel 2011 to sperate by semicolon rather than of comma?

After going through the post of yours I am suggesting that the Excel is going to get the delimiter setting form the system information from the computer of yours. the only thing which I can tell you is that you should quit Excel and you should change the setting from the system preferences.

Re: How can I modify the Mac Excel 2011 to sperate by semicolon rather than of comma?

In this particular situation I wanted to share something which will be helpful to get the idea of the issue which you are getting over here. if you are supposed to select the import than that of the open then you will be able to mention the desired delimiter. If you are supposed to insert the comma when saving and you might be able to open the Excel CSV output into Word. Once you have done the same you will be able to perform the global replace by comma to the semi colon.

I let you know that when you are supposed to open the CSV file than it will do as Excel use to be. Incase there are different field dimilter than it will be used technically and it will not be CSV despite of the filename extension and it might be stuck of it. there will be more option which you can use to specify the delimiter for the process of the export of the CSV. If you are using the Data and you should get the external data. You need to have the opportunity so mention whct character which has been designated as the purpose of the field delimiter. I am hoping that the information which I have managed to get the requirement of yours.

Well exporting the CSV is same. we know that the de facto field delimiter comma despite of what you have installed window or Mac on the computer. you will not have any option for the Preferences or settings in Excel to specify the same. you will have options like Tab delimited, Windows (comma), Mac (comma), or Space delimiter.

All the people are aware of the thing that CSV is seems to be a text file format. Basically it is introduced to make standardize the comma as a delimiter. So the basic nature of the text file of the any program will provide you rich CSV content which can be split whenever you wanted to use the delimiter and use any of the extension in the same. you can simply add the .csv file and deceive any of the program to open it on the computer of yours.

Excel is missing the apostrophes into the data which has been made every comma into the single field.

Well you should simply go for the GUI of the MySQL in phpMyAdmin. It is using the semicolon which should be separated fields. It will simply make the thing quite simpler. If the Excel is using the semicolon as a preferences and there is no matter what CSV is having. You can use the semicolon to add the option.