Thread: Microsoft Office 2011 files are locked for editing in mixed Environment of Windows and Mac

Microsoft Office 2011 files are locked for editing in mixed Environment of Windows and Mac

As the title of this particular thread is saying what I wanted to ask over here in this particular thread. I am getting an issue while running the mixed Windows and Mac environment in which I am opening the office file which is created into Windows machine and it is displayed locked for the editing and it is opened read only into Mac? Let me know if you are aware of the root cause of the problem. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Microsoft Office 2011 files are locked for editing in mixed Environment of Windows and Mac

Well to figure out the root cause of the problem I am suggesting following question which you should answer over here. Where do you have saved the files on the computer? if you have not saved the files on the Windows machine then tell me whether it is saved on the Mini Server or Mac box? if you have saved into Windows machine then tell me which version of the Windows do you have installed on the computer? do you getting any error message while accessing those documents on the computer of yours?

Re: Microsoft Office 2011 files are locked for editing in mixed Environment of Windows and Mac

Well to figure out the root cause of the problem I am suggesting following question which you should answer over here. Where do you have saved the files on the computer? if you have not saved the files on the Windows machine then tell me whether it is saved on the Mini Server or Mac box? if you have saved into Windows machine then tell me which version of the Windows do you have installed on the computer? do you getting any error message while accessing those documents on the computer of yours?
    Hey thanks a lot for the prompt replies of yours. I let you know that the files are being saved on the Mac Miniserver which has been mapped by the Windows machine. There is no issue when I supposed to open the document through windows. However I am getting the issue when I am trying to acess the file through Mac user. I am hoping that the information which I have mentioned over here will be useful to you.

I think I am aware of the root cause of the problem which you have mentioned over here in this particular thread. This particular problem is happening because of the temprorary files which has been not deleted after of the previous session was completed. You will not be able to see the file because it is hidden and you will not be able to get the file by using finder. If I am not wrong you will be able to get the hidden files by simply installing dashboard widgets from the official website of the Apple. So I am hoping that the information which I have mentioned over here will be useful to get the requirement of yours.

Well once you have installed the hidden files widgets on the computer of yours. you need to use the finder to open the folder which is containing the spreadsheet which you wanted to edit. Well you should remove the file which is starting with ~$ and once you have done the same issue will not persist at all.

Let me know whether the above mentioned solution was useful to you or not? if there is no change in the situation than I recommend that you should contact the technical support team of the Microsoft to get the further help on this particular matter. Well they will figure out the root cause of the problem which you are having and release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter of yours.