Thread: Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac is not updating on my Apple PC

Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac is not updating on my Apple PC

I am facing this problem from today morning I'm having difficulty with updating when I download the dounload on my hard disk and when I try to execute the updates its gave me warning: Office 2011 14.0.2 Update can't be installed on this disk. The software version that is required for installation was not fond in the volume I even tried updating with Office running but still its kept on falling does anyone here facing the same problem how can I get rid of this problem any thoughts

Re: Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac is not updating on my Apple PC

Hey I am also getting the same error the update is falling how can I solve this can anyone her will help me on this ?

Why don’t you try this Office 2011 14.0.3 Update is also accessible from Microsoft Auto Update. Auto Update is a program which automatically keeps Microsoft software up-to-date. All you need to do us on the Help menu, click Check for Updates. And the office will automatically download the updates for you that it no need to do it separately and if you have any confusion on update then you can check online information about resources for Office for Mac 2011 by visiting its website and one most important thing prior to your install of Office 2011 14.1.2 Update, make certain so as to the computer is operating with Mac OS X v10.5.8 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system. To know your computer meets this requirement, click About This Mac on the Apple menu. Also Microsoft has complete this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section. Hope this may help please post your progress so that other can make use of this

Well with the research I have done I found you don't require 14.0.2! It's been merged into the 14.1.0 SP1 updater. Once you update to 14.1.0, you'll require updating to 14.1.2. So keep this in mind Updates essentially are applied in order. If you are trying to install to 14.0.2 then to install you have to first update to 14.0.1

The auto-update is not working, so there is no other option remain other than to install it manually

I had the same difficulty. That you both is having I tried everythingUninstalling office, updating permissions, installing with one more account, even a system reinstall although office 2011 would not update from version 0. Then I even tried updating trough auto-update, but as soon as I run it its was unsuccessful saying there was a difficulty with connecting to the server but on my other computer when I download the update package it installs without a problem. To made some research and found the update was localize to Dutch, but my software was English. Every time I intend to download its directed me to the Dutch update page so then I download the Dutch version. So I search and found downloaded the EN version, it installed without problem perhaps this must be added to the possible solutions page By the way the auto-update is still not operational, so I still have download the updates manually

This look like the proper solution for the problem I will try to see if it works today when I get to my office but thanks anyways

Hi guys how can I get to know if it’s a SP1 installed .I can find this anywhere under applications or in my office folder On my PC I might look at the remove programs list and see it there. Don't know how to do that with a MAC can anyone help me on this

Hey guys help me to install update for office 2011 I am finding difficult to do the same

look at this

Quote Originally Posted by Zhankana_n View Post
    Why don’t you try this Office 2011 14.0.3 Update is also accessible from Microsoft Auto Update. Auto Update is a program which automatically keeps Microsoft software up-to-date. All you need to do us on the Help menu, click Check for Updates. And the office will automatically download the updates for you that it no need to do it separately and if you have any confusion on update then you can check online information about resources for Office for Mac 2011 by visiting its website and one most important thing prior to your install of Office 2011 14.1.2 Update, make certain so as to the computer is operating with Mac OS X v10.5.8 or a later version of the Mac OS X operating system. To know your computer meets this requirement, click About This Mac on the Apple menu. Also Microsoft has complete this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section. Hope this may help please post your progress so that other can make use of this
    Quote Originally Posted by windows_user View Post
    I had the same difficulty. That you both is having I tried everythingUninstalling office, updating permissions, installing with one more account, even a system reinstall although office 2011 would not update from version 0. Then I even tried updating trough auto-update, but as soon as I run it its was unsuccessful saying there was a difficulty with connecting to the server but on my other computer when I download the update package it installs without a problem. To made some research and found the update was localize to Dutch, but my software was English. Every time I intend to download its directed me to the Dutch update page so then I download the Dutch version. So I search and found downloaded the EN version, it installed without problem perhaps this must be added to the possible solutions page By the way the auto-update is still not operational, so I still have download the updates manually
    you will find the answer for your question above
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimos View Post
    Hey guys help me to install update for office 2011 I am finding difficult to do the same