Thread: Will Word 2011 for the Mac OS X run well on Mac Air?

Will Word 2011 for the Mac OS X run well on Mac Air?

I am looking to installed Word 2011 for the Mac OS X on the Mac Air. But I am doubting about the thing whether I will be install this particular software on the device of mine. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours on this particular matter. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Will Word 2011 for the Mac OS X run well on Mac Air?

Well looking at the requirement of yours I let you know that the system of your should meet the following minimum system requirement.
    System Requirements: A Mac computer with an Intel processor
    Mac OS X version 10.5.8 or later (Leopard or higher) 1 GB of RAM or more
    2.5GB hard disk space
    1280 x 800 or higher resolution monitor
    DVD drive or connection to a local area network (if installing over a network)
    Safari 5 or later recommended
    If it is minimum system requirement than I let you know there will be no issue while installing as well as using Mac OS X on the computer of yours.

I have gone through lots of forums and I have come to know that Apple is working about the running of the Office 2011 on Mac OS X Lion. There are issue when Communicator is seems to be crashing when we are supposed to send the instant message. They have also announced that they will provide update once they have fixed the matter. also Outlook is not able to import the mail from the Apple Mail. I am hoping that the Apple team will work on the same and provide the update as early as possible.

We know that the people of Microsoft are already working with the Apple from the very early days of the Mac OS 10.7 Lion. They were looking to address many major issue with the releasing of the Lion. They are supposed to work more closely with the Apple so that they can resolve the issue which were associated with Office for Mac 2008 and 2011 and Lion OS.

After doing quick Googling I have come to know that the Excel might crash when you are supposed to move the sheet from one work book to another work book.

There are some small issue with this particular software and I wanted to discuss with you all. MSQuery for English is working on Lion. But it did not seems to working at all with any other language version of the Excel 2011 on the Lion. The date format in the software is displaying 2 digits rather than that of the 4 digits. Also there is Reference tools which is having redraw problems and you can also find out an issue with respect to links that it is might not work appropriately and so you will not be able to get the proper results while using the same. also you might not be able to view the chart data on the software.

Following are the things which should be resolved in to PowerPoint 2011.
    By pressing the command and Tab together will open the another application where as Presenter View will be crashed into PowerPoint.
    You might be prompted to save the presentations while switching between the various windows.

Let me know if you are have managed to get the requirement or not? if not the same than I am suggesting that you should simply take with the developer of the software and ask them about on this particular matter.