Thread: Does Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 is compatible with OS X Lion 10.7

Does Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 is compatible with OS X Lion 10.7

Hey guy I am using Mac pc for a while now and recently I have installed the Microsoft office 2011 on it now the actual problem is that I am considering upgrading my pc to the latest of Apple’s OS, Lion is there anyone who know is the office 2011 is compatible with it as I don’t want to lose that software as I consider it as a brilliant software and I use it all the this so guys I really want to know this I would be very glad to know any answer about this thanks

Re: Does Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 is compatible with OS X Lion 10.7

Well I have just upgraded my pc to the lion latest version and I would like to tell you that right now my Word & Excel hang at randomly. It was working perfectly fine before update but now its look like it can’t locate what it’s searching for

So you mean to say that is don’t support the Apples latest OS Lion does anyone else also facing the same problem .

you have been also looking for answer for the same question and found a post regarding this which say that Microsoft Office functioning among Apple as of the early days of Lion, and together have been capable to address many problem leading up to the Lion release. They also stated a lot of Office for Mac engineers is running Lion for months, and is normally having no troubles running Office 2011 on it. So now it’s up to us to see if this is true . I never use it on Mac lion yet buy is planning to do so as early as possible current I am busy doing some internal stuff but will post the result as soon as I complete that

Yeah you are right but you forget to mention there is two most comment problem with office for Mac 2011 in lion that is

• Communicator for Mac collapses as soon as you send an instant message or initiate an audio/visual call
    • Outlooks don’t import mail from Apple Mail
    So if you are using both of these feature that you need to reconsider your decision but Microsoft had said that they will fixed Communicator issue on their upcoming update . And for the for outlook problem currently no update was posted on that but if your mail is already in Outlook, then this concern do not influence you

I am also facing the problem mu office windows is not align but everything was fine with Snow Leopard does anyone else have this problem and anyone knows any fix

Quote Originally Posted by Steyn View Post
    Yeah you are right but you forget to mention there is two most comment problem with office for Mac 2011 in lion that is

• Communicator for Mac collapses as soon as you send an instant message or initiate an audio/visual call
    • Outlooks don’t import mail from Apple Mail
    So if you are using both of these feature that you need to reconsider your decision but Microsoft had said that they will fixed Communicator issue on their upcoming update . And for the for outlook problem currently no update was posted on that but if your mail is already in Outlook, then this concern do not influence you
    Bear in mind If you’re planning to upgrading to Lion almost immediately then be ready for the Communicator and Outlook problem, and a few other minor issues so what I like to suggest is you should do is wait for the will as Microsoft has said that they will coming up with the update through our Automatic Updates channel in the near future that will fixed all the issue and then you can use the office for 2011 in latest lion OS. just keep checking Office for Mac Knowledge Base for updates on the progress

Thanks guys for this useful information I will definite could use this to make my decision I really appreciate that work that you have done thanks once again

Hey guys I need help here Later today when I upgraded to OS X Lion, the Excel for Mac 2011 application initiate and open a file in the Startup directory, the error message saying the file is already open and reopening will cause any changes you made to be discarded is showed. It doesn’t matter if the file is saved. is there anyone having the same issue I need help on this thanks

Ok I have one question is there anyone here who can assist me is Microsoft office for Mac 2008 support the latest Mac os Lion as I am window user and am planning to shift to Mac machine and have lot of document that is made on Microsoft office I really need to know this thanks

I was having a big problem with Microsoft office 2011 and lion OS I was not able to get past the log-on screen after a restart so I restored LION, re-installed office 2011 with and without updates but still having same problem then installed Office 2008 and that works fine