Thread: Learning Word 2010 Advanced Sorting Features

Learning Word 2010 Advanced Sorting Features

I want to learn creating and using macros in Excel 2010.I am searching answer for the following question.I want to start from the basic such as creating simple macros in excel as well as word,recording and editing macros,creating and using contents if a table in word and using formulas in word as well.Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Learning Word 2010 Advanced Sorting Features

The default macros that are offered by the word are AutoNew,AutoClose,AutoExec,AutoExit,AutoOpen they simply describe their work by their name,remember that There are no spaces between the above macro names.To start with macros you have to create them first,they are basically created in the same the other macro is created in the Word,that are created by simply recording the actions that you are willing to be performed by them perform.Just click on view and then click on the arrow under the macro icon then click on the record option and you will get a menu box and then name your macro and click on OK and click on the hammer button and now double click on the macro you have assigned and press OK.Now return to your word document and cursor will appear like an old cassette which means that the Word is recording your actions now perform the action you want to for eg starting new table with some added header data.After you are done just stop the recording and try to open a new file and you will find the changes you have made for the header.

If you want to use formulas in word you can start with a blank document just click on Insert and then click on the Table icon choose a table according to the size you want and add some data to the top four cells and then Click on an empty cell and then on they Layout an then click on Formula icon all appearing to your right and you will get a popup where The top box is for entering the formula and the middle one for the format and the bottom box is to choose any canned functions.After you add a default function and click on OK button The function will add the two numbers above it ad will display the answer at bottom cell.You can use different type of functions as well .

I will say you to get a book for learning the advanced sorting features for word,You can get it for all version of words and in fact it will be really help full for you to learn and understand the whole working process of the word with all its functions ad features instead of trying to find out the answer on forums,using a book you could gain the deep knowledge of the word.I myself have learnt it through book it is quite simple to understand and perform as well.