Thread: Different Language Weeknumbers for iCal

Different Language Weeknumbers for iCal

Those who are using the Mac or OS X might be familiar with the iCal. It is the calendar application which we can see in Apple computers. However now I am looking for dissimilar language versions of my week figures iCal calendars. Is there any such kind of packages?

Re: Different Language Weeknumbers for iCal

You can create a calendar appointment with anyone who covers the duration of the week on the subject of the week number. You can hide the calendar by the tick off, if it bothers you. I also believe (read in another thread) that Americans are different than we have week numbers. Week 1 begins with them at the end of the year and are at the beginning of the year (or vice versa).

Those who previously used Outlook or Outlook Express has studied in vain for the usual first iCal calendar weeks. Many of my clients then look in iCal's preferences, whether there is an option somewhere so that the calendar weeks are shown. One such option is not there, and it is not necessary, because iCal is set up differently than Outlook. The calendar weeks will simply be downloaded as a separate calendar as a calendar and integrated and displayed.

Who needs more design freedom, and as the weeks begin on Sunday and let the week run as a large beam across the whole week like, you can fall back on to the free program NumSemaine.

One of the biggest shortcomings of iCal is believed to lack the ability to display week numbers. Now you can of course use a "third party" application as a menu calendar clock to quickly find out the week numbers, but you can also change the date format.

Since iCal uses the open standard CalDAV allows the iCal calendars you download or NumSemaine can generate itself, by other calendar programs such as the Linux and the KDE PIM evolution KOrganizer, but also to the Mozilla Subscribe calendar. Recommend you contact your partners to switch from Outlook or Outlook Express on one of these standards-compliant programs.