Thread: Is there any way to disable Pidgin Notifications on Ubuntu 9.04?

Is there any way to disable Pidgin Notifications on Ubuntu 9.04?

I'm watching a movie using smplayer or vlc in full-screen and pidgin notifications keep popping up. I would like to temporarily Disable Notifications in my current Ubuntu 9.04 system. This is the Pidgin Notifications and currently I don’t need this kind of notification on my system. Then help me to solve this kind of problem. Thanks for any help.

Re: Is there any way to disable Pidgin Notifications on Ubuntu 9.04?

Pidgin notifications look absolutely terrible. Hence most of the ubuntu user wants to disable this notification. In that process, you need to first visit the plugins menu. This will be providing such kind of facility. Hence first is to be going to the Pidgin menu and then enter into the Tools option. This will be gives an Plug-in option and after entering into that plugins you need to use the LIBbla bla notify for doing this disable task on your system.

Yes, this plug-ins menu will be work to do this disable task on it. This menu gives all the notification related information. Then try it and in response this will be solve your complicated problem.

To disable the notification when your contact is becomes online. In the tools menu you need to hit the plug-ins option. This will be gives all the notification on this ubuntu system. Then it shows all this system notification in the tabular format. You need to uncheck the Pidgin Notifications on this list. This will be work to disable the plug-ins on your system. You can also use the application for this notification. It will be help to you disabling system plugins with the help of application on it.

This feature is actually provided by a plugin lib-notify. In that ubuntu system you need to press the Ctrl-U. then it shows an Buddy list dialog box. There is an “libnotify popups” option present on it. Then it shows the several different plug-ins on it. This will be provide the facility to just remove any unnecessary plug-ins on this system. This will be works and in response it solve such complicated problem.