Thread: How to import addresses in excel format into address book in Apple Mac

How to import addresses in excel format into address book in Apple Mac

Hello everyone, I have doubt or you can say a question, as I am having lot of the business contact on a excel format sheet and I want to transfer the entire contacts on the address book, so please suggest me how to do it, as all the contact are important and also I want all the contacts to be added in the address book and also want to send some mails to them then I have to copy the details and then paste it over there, so please tell how I can do it. Is there any way by which I can copy all the contacts from the excel file to the address book, so please suggest me and it will be very much helpful to me to do. Thank you.

Re: How to import addresses in excel format into address book in Apple Mac

There is a option to get the contacts in the address book by the VCard, or a Text file and even the LDIF (Lightweight Directory Interchange Format), so you can do by this, but there is no option from the excel file, this option are available to do.

Well there is no option to get the contact from the excel file as there are only three option which you might be getting as the above user and also you can do one thing try to format the excel file into the text file. So you might be able to get the contacts on the address book. Even you can try to copy all the contact from the excel file to the text file and try to import on to the address book of your and you will be able to get all the contact and in the future usage while you will be using it. So try this, as it will take in a day but then it will be not take lot of the time when you want to send mails or anything, then you will have to search for that contact in the address book and it will be done, so just try I and it work but take lot of time for doing this.

There are some of the application or the software on the internet which just copy all the contacts from the excel to the address book of your, so you can search for it and try it, if it work then it is good and also the best for you, so just give try to it.

Well there is way and also some steps which are need to be follow and you will be able to get the contacts on the address book, as the procedure it bi long and also will take time to do, first see the procedure:
    1. Get the Mozilla or the Netscape software.
    2. When you get it then go to the Mozilla Address book.
    3. Then export the CSV (Comma-separated values) file from the Mozilla address book.
    4. Now rearrange the CSV file.
    5. As you have done the rearrangement now import that file into the Mozilla address book.
    6. Now as export the just imported address in the LDIF (Lightweight Directory Interchange Format) file.
    7. Now you just import the LDIF file on to the address book.

Just do the above steps and you will be able to get the contacts in the address book, I hope it will work for you.

The above user have told the best and also good way o get the contacts on the address book, as I have also followed the same method which I want to do, so you also try and it work for you.

Yes sure there is a way, well you have to save the Excel spreadsheet / file as a CSV file in the hard disk of your computer and then try to import the CSV file as a text file on to the Address Book. I want to also add that as before you do all this, you just make sure that you have a row A of the spreadsheet / file which is contain the headers for the rows below. For example, Column A could contain last names of the contact in that file, so cell A1 might be having the text "Last Name" in it. If you do like this then it makes it easier to import into Address Book as you can read the columns into the exact Address Book fields in the address book. So you can try it and you will be able to get all the contact in the address book. Hoe I have fulfill your entire problem to get the excel file on the address book.

You can search for the entourage 2004, as you can do the import from it and also you can do the synchronization of the address book with that software, just download and try it.

Well the best way is to import the file is through the CSV then get the CSV on to any other file which is been easily imported by the address book of yours, as you can also follow the steps which one of the above user have told you to do as I will also suggest the same which the above user have done. So it is better to get the contact the address book on to it by the CSV file format, as you will not able to find any shortcut way and also not such application which will enable you to import the contact on to the address book from an excel file which is been there on your hard drive. So it is better you try it and get the contact on to the address book.