Thread: Meaning of growl in Apple Mac OSX.

Meaning of growl in Apple Mac OSX.

I want to know the meaning of the growl in Mac and also would like to know that what it do exactly? I had seen many people talking about it but I can’t find the more meaning about it. If you have the more knowledge about it then please suggest me some important points about it. And also suggest me that what it do actually.

Re: Meaning of growl in Apple Mac OSX.

I have some use full information about the Growl. According to me Growl is a system for posting notifications to users. In the MAC OS X there are two ways for doing this. Which are given as.
    • Dialog boxes:

In the dialog boxes there are intrusive, and they have must be clicked on before it goes away. And also if the application is in the background then dialog box also appears on the background. There is use of the growls if you want to quickly alert the user of something non-essential, that users may not necessarily need to react to? For that reason they uses the growls.
    • Bezels:

I think that Bezels are only used by Apple applications and they are used for the good reason. And I think that there are no supported public API for using them. Because they also cannot be made so that they also act like the dialog boxes.

I have wanted to use the Growls from the long time. But in this case I have the endless problems getting the networking part to work. What can I do to use the Growls in my case? If you have any suggestion about it then please report me back.

Thanks you telling me the meaning of growl in Apple Mac OSX. I was not knowing any thing about the growls in the Apple Mac OSX because recently I had switched from the windows to the Apple Mac. And now I am able to understand the meaning of the growls in MAC OSX.