Thread: Google Apps Contacts is not Synchronizing in Mac OS X AddressBook

Google Apps Contacts is not Synchronizing in Mac OS X AddressBook

I want to synchronize my Google account with Mac OS X AddressBook. so I am very much interested about this that’s why I permitted the check box and entered my whole information into Address book for my Gmail account and after entering when I try to hit ‘sync now’ in the menu bar but nothing happens. Friend can anyone tell how I synchronize my Google account with Mac OS X AddressBook.

Re: Google Apps Contacts is not Synchronizing in Mac OS X AddressBook

I assume that you are trying synchronizing your Google contacts to your AddressBook, which is working in Mac OS X. if this is true than I want to confirm you that straight forward you can’t synchronizing your Google contacts to AddressBook. It is only possible to synchronize the Google contacts to your AddressBook, which is working in iPhone/iPod touch/ iSync compatible phone contacts. So try to synchronize the contacts in your mobile phone because this address book app is independent to many platforms like Symbian, android etc.

I got it to work, there is a terminal charge to begin it and there is an approach to run a terminal each hour or something like that. I will get on my PC tomorrow, get the information, and put it here.

I assume that you are trying synchronizing your Google contacts to your AddressBook, which is working in Mac OS X. if this is true than I want to confirm you that straight forward you can’t synchronizing your Google contacts to AddressBook. It is only possible to synchronize the Google contacts to your AddressBook, which is working in iPhone/iPod touch/ iSync compatible phone contacts. So try to synchronize the contacts in your mobile phone because this address book app is independent to many platforms like Symbian, android etc.
    I have already known that I can only synchronize my Google account in address book of iPhone and previous same thing I have done. However, know I want to up to date my computer with my contacts. So can anyone tells is it possible to synchronize the contacts in Mac OS X AddressBook.

The synchronize procedure happens when you try to synchronize your iPhone with the help of ITunes. If you do not have an iPhone or AFAIK then I do not think you can synchronize with Google contacts.

The synchronize procedure happens when you try to synchronize your iPhone with the help of ITunes. If you do not have an iPhone or AFAIK then I do not think you can synchronize with Google contacts.
    That is not matter, I think you are assuming of standard synchronizing with address book to iPhone through wired or USB cable. I clear you that my contacts are synchronizing between the iPhone and
    Gmail through wireless, but I cannot synchronize the AddressBook on my Mac computer.

My concern is, and what I thought was the subject of this string, how to synchronize the Mac address book with Google applications. My interaction is that synchronizing with a Gmail account is no situation, synchronizing my iPhone with Google (or Mac) works fine. With the brand new iPhone OS 3.0, I am able to even synchronize numerous origins, but the sync applications to Mac should not work. As it appears, it is fit to associate to my user@domain.com applications record, but when I hit match up nothing updates. If you do not mind help me anyone have any explanation.

There is half answer through that you can synchronize your Google contacts to Mac OS X AddressBook. It can do through creating a bash file with the terminal command, then puts this command to login items. Hence, this scrip will run every time when you reboot. If you want, it can be complete sooner than you can also double click on the file by manually.
    Commands:
    • setup the combine Google accounts in AddressBook favorites.
    • Copy this to textedit and make it as a file and save it to your user folder with no extension. Name it “gmerge”
    • #! /bin/bash
      /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/GoogleContactSync.framework/Versions/A/Resources/gconsync --sync com.google.ContactSync
    • Then open terminal option from start menu.
    • Type this code in terminal “chmod +x gmerge”.
    • Then go the system preferences>accounts>login items and add the file as an item.

You can also use spanning sync, which will relief from irritation synchronizing.