Thread: Will Mac book supports both iChat and Skype

Will Mac book supports both iChat and Skype

Hello friends, I have recently purchased the oldest 2008 Mac book, as this is my first Mac, I am love to use it, so I want to ask that Skype and iChat are both compatible on the Mac book or not. As I have family members on the Skype and have friends on the iChat, so I would to tell that are these both compatible with each other or not on the Mac book. It would be grateful of your to help and would thank all the users who will reply and suggest me. Thank you.

Re: Will Mac book supports both iChat and Skype

As o want to share that the iChat cannot connect to the Skype and also the Skype to the AIM, well there is version of the Skype for the Mac OS X through which works well. I suggest you to use both of them.

Well my friend, both of them are not compatible with each other on the Mac book, it is due of Microsoft is been own the Skype. As they have invented it and it is not good for the business to make their stuff be compatible with any other largest competitor, which is also true. There is only the chance to full the compatibility by using the third party program which works with both of them, well there is Trillian which is not bad and the Mac client is still on the beta. So I would also suggest you to use both of them. If you find then try it.

You can also search on the Google, you may be able to find the software which will be compatible with both of them, and so you can check it.

As the both the iChat and also the Skype are both different and also are been made by different so I do not think they will be compatible with each other and also on a same platform of the operating system. So I would suggest you to use the different of them and try to manage to work of them, as the both software are of the different background but as the same. If you try to merge both of them in one then you might get some sort of problem which will not allow you to use the both the software altogether. So you better try it and also see if you got some sort of software.