Thread: Free ocr software’s for mac operating system

Free ocr software’s for mac operating system

I want to convert scanned images into text searchable files. I know that without it scanned images cannot be converted into text searchable files. I am using mac system. So I want free and best ocr softwares for mac. So I want to know how and from where can I get the ocr software’s for free. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Please anyone knowing information related this, kindly guide me on the same. I am waiting for your reply. Thank you in advance

Re: Free ocr software’s for mac operating system

I would suggest you to go for ABBYY's Finereader Express for Mac. It does not have a word limit. You can create fully searchable pdfs and fully editable text documents. I know that this is not for free but this is the option that I have. You can visit internet for online ocr options. You can look for ocr terminal

I am using TopOCR software in mac. It is designed more for digital cameras (at least 3MP) and mobile phones along with scanners. It actually has it has a two window interface “The source Image window” and the “Text window” I would recommend you to go for this one. Few details I have mentioned below.
    • The software supports JPEG, TIFF, GIF and BMP formats.
    • You will find Image settings like brightness, color, contrast, despeckle, sharpen etc.
    • Can be used to improve readability of the image.
    • Camera filter settings can also be configured for enhancing the image.
    • The converted file can be saved in a variety of formats PDF, RTF, HTML and TXT.
    • The software works with 11 languages.

You can try DivX Video Bundle for Mac. It is freeware and you can download it for free from the internet. I would recommend you to Just google on the internet and search regarding DivX Video Bundle. You can install it and use it. DivX Mac is the latest free codec offering for the Mac OS. This DivX Mac codec plugs into QuickTime-enabled video software and will let you to create high-quality DivX videos at a fraction of the original size.

I would suggest you to go with a commercial product. You can either go for ABBY Finereader or OmniPage. Let me tell you that both have OS X versions. They are often bundled with scanners and you can buy them pretty cheap if you don't need the latest version.