Thread: Error message "HP Installer Setup has stopped working" in HP Deskjet F2276

Error message "HP Installer Setup has stopped working" in HP Deskjet F2276

I have recently purchased HP Deskjet F2276 printer at my home. I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit operating system in my pc. When I try to install HP printer software on my system, it extracts all files but then later I get an error message saying "HP Installer Setup has stopped working" there I get two options like close the program or Windows check for a solution to the problem and close the program. Let me tell you that both give me the option of closing the program. I don’t know what is happening? I want to know the solution for this. Any suggestions regarding this would be highly appreciated.

Re: Error message "HP Installer Setup has stopped working" in HP Deskjet F2276

I would like to ask that when you get the error message, there do you have any option like details. I would suggest you to if there is detail option, then click that and see whether it refers to Appcrash hpzfwx01.exe. If it refers to Appcrash hpzfwx01.exe then search for the file hpzfw01.exe." on the installation disc. Then Right click and go to Properties > Compatibility. Select "Run this program in compatibility mode - Windows XP (service pack 2). Press ok and apply the settings. Reinstall the software and check if it works. You can also continue the installation without connecting the device and then connect it once the software is installed. it would be nice if you can mention the internet browser that you are using.

I would recommend you to download Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. You can downloaded it from the internet may be from google website or by visiting the official website. After that run the application and check whether it resolves your issue. You can use the utility to get rid of installation information for applications that were installed with the help of Windows Installer. It will get rid of the installation files so that you can begin the installation. I hope this works.

Make sure that you are installing proper drivers. Make sure that your printer is compatible with the windows 64 bit operating system.

I would suggest you to uninstall your printer and reboot. Then try to reinstall your printer again. Check whether you are still getting the error message.

I think the cause of the issue is because there is some conflict and noncompliance of HP software setup installer with the new Internet Explorer 8 beta (IE8 beta 1 or IE8 beta 2, or probably any versions of IE 8 if HP or Microsoft doesn’t change how things interact). To resolve the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall the IE8 web browser and then restart the computer for the change to take effect. I assume that once you go back to IE7 or even IE6, any HP software setup can run without error. All the best

To resolve the issue you must try out doing this. I hope you are using internet explorer.
    • Open the Internet Explorer browser and then go to Tools >>Manage Add-ons >> Enable or Disable Add-ons, after that look for the "HP Smart Select" and "HP Smart BHO Class" mark each of them and then select the "Disable" option.
    • Then install the HP printer software. After installing the hp printer software try to reboot the PC.
    • Then once the system is on, open the Internet Explorer and go to Tools >>Windows update, you will find the specific fix for the issue .After the patch, you can re-enable the previously disabled HP plug-ins and all as well.

I think there could be some problem in your windows 7 operating system. I would suggest you to download windows xp or some other operating system. I would also suggest you to once check the firewall and antivirus installed. Some features might be blocked and so you are getting this problem.