Thread: Where to get drivers for HP OfficeJet G85 and Windows 7

Where to get drivers for HP OfficeJet G85 and Windows 7

I have an HP OfficeJet G85 printer and a PC which is running Windows7 Ultimate edition. When I tried to connect my printer with my PC then I got an error message saying that it was not able to install drivers for it. As, I don’t have an internet connection in my PC and I cannot provide internet connectivity for this time, I want to download drivers from another PC and then install that on my PC. Therefore, I want to know, where can I download a suitable driver for my Printer?

Re: Where to get drivers for HP OfficeJet G85 and Windows 7

As far as I know, Windows7 already has the basic and necessary drivers for HP Officejet g85. So I think you don’t have to download any driver from any website.

You can find the required driver for HP OfficeJet G85 from the link http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...icrosoft%20G85
    You can open the above link using Internet explorer only. First go to above link and then if you have a 32 bit operating system then download the smallest update which is of 11.4Mb and if you are using a 64 bit operating system then download 11.6Mb file.

I downloaded the updates from the link you given but even now windows7 is not installing the drivers and it is saying that it has found only some of the required software and it needs some others also. I think just installing the driver for a printer should not be very difficult but I am not getting all the necessary drivers.

I had the same problem once. Here is how I fixed it. First go to Control Panel and then open Device and Printers. After that, do a right-click on “HP OfficeJet G85”(which is the name of your printer) and then select Troubleshoot. After that, select “HP hotfix” as soon as it appears. Now I think you must be able to use your HP OfficeJet G85 printer with your PC. It worked for me. Hope, it helps you also.