Thread: Macros disappear while closing MS word 2010

Macros disappear while closing MS word 2010

To increase the efficiency in the word documents I am using simple macros in the MS word. I was using MS office 2007 and recently I had upgraded it to MS word 2010. And now I am facing the problem when I try to use the macros, it disappears while I am closing the word. for solving this I have checked everything and also I had changed the Trust Centre settings to enable macros, even I had also checked the add-ins. Also, I had thought software upgrades but no benefits to me what to do now? Please help me in this case, . Windows 7 is certainly a big improvement over the last two OSs but Office Word 2010 is a pain.

Re: Macros disappear while closing MS word 2010

Hey, I think that MS word store micros in the same manner as earlier versions. It also works normal in the templates, documents and by default the normal template. Let me tell you that if you are having the old normal.dot file with your macros then I will suggest you to rename the Word 2010 normal template (normal.dotm) to oldnormal.dotm with the help of the word closed. Restart the word after putting the old normal.dot file in the same folder as oldnormal.dotm. after this when you are restarting the word, it will automatically read the old template and create a new normal template. To save the normal template From Word Options > Advanced > Save - Check the option to prompt. After this close your word document and at this time you will get the prompt to save the normal template, save it.

Satyrs Guest

Let me tell you that if you are saving your macros in Normal.dotm, which is the default save location and they, will not being save I think that Normal.dotm is not being saved at the time when you are saving and closing the word 2010. This thing normally happens when you are on a corporate network with sadistic administrators.

According to me, former is usually a result of poorly written add-ins. The way for the testing is to make sure that the setting to "Prompt before saving Normal template" is enabled at the File | Options | Advanced: Save. You should be asked whether you want Word to save the Normal template, at the time when you quit Word after creating and saving new macros. If this thing is not happening then you know something is interfering and at this time you can start the looking for the add-ins and after that try to figure out which one is the culprit.

Hey hi all, I am also suffering from the same problem. the problem is that macros are disappearing. After taking, your suggestion and I told word 2010 to saving the Normal template and then I closed the documents. I had done this thing but no solution on my case. Still I believe in the add-in that I am running is the Endnote program, which is used widely. I am running in the most recent version Endnote X5, I want to know that is that is my problem.

I think that this is really possible that Endnote is the problem. By temporarily removing the add-in you can test this thing and it will also help you to see that it is making any difference or not. If this is making different then you are unwilling to give it up, but don’t worry there are other option also, which are as:
    Since you are having the Word 2003 or earlier, to save All to force a save of Normal.dot, you can use the Shift+File. But in Word 2007/2010, there are no direct way to do this, but you can open the Normal.dotm directly for editing and create your macros, while it opens.

You did not say which version of Word you have, so I can not say positively how to find supplements (especially since I do not know if the add-in note is a template or add a COM add-in), but this is Word 2007 or 2010, use the Office Button | Word Options or File | Options and accessories. All the accessories are listed, and you can disable it.

I think that Normal.dotm is in the folder specified for the user templates on Office Button | Word Options (or File | options) | Advanced: file locations. In Windows XP, the Open dialog box will have a button template or templates of confidence in the address bar, Windows 7 will be in the navigation p