Thread: how to Enabled Bitlocker enhanced pin on Lenovo thinkpad T520

how to Enabled Bitlocker enhanced pin on Lenovo thinkpad T520

On my new Lenovo ThinkPad T520 I have recently installed our standard image of Windows 7 enterprise with the help of the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit. In the UEFI mode my drive is configured for and OS installed. With the numeric pin Bitlocker is enabled automatically, it is blocked as the part of my standard deployment task sequence. While trying to change my bitlocker pin on my Lenovo thinkpad, it refuses while stating that it can only accept digits (numeric) 0-9. I am facing this problem from the last few days only. What can I do now, help me please

Re: how to Enabled Bitlocker enhanced pin on Lenovo thinkpad T520

I think that for the higher level of the security you can configure BitLocker with the personal identifier number. This is user created and it should entered each time the computer starts. So I think that if your PIN is only taking the numeric keys then try to enter the digits only. It will be easy foryou to remember and also it will help you a lot in your issue.

For the higher level of security with the TPM, you can take the help of the BitLocker to use the enhanced PINs. According to me enhanced PINs are the PINs which includes the full keyboard character for the more possible pin combination. For using the enhanced PINs, you will need to enable the Allow enhanced PINs for startup Group Policy. It is setting for enabling the enhanced PIN. Try to do this setting and then report me again that it is again reporting the same problem or not. After enabling this setting you will be able to utilize full keyboard characters.

Satyrs Guest

Let me tell you that to use the enhanced PINs, BIOS of your computer should support the full keyboard in the pre-boot environment. During the BitLocker setup you can also run the optional system check, this thing will help you to ensure the pin that can be entered correctly in the pre-boot environment. Make sure that computer in your organization is compatible or not to support the enhanced PIN.

Let me tell you that to use the enhanced PINs, BIOS of your computer should support the full keyboard in the pre-boot environment. During the BitLocker setup you can also run the optional system check, this thing will help you to ensure the pin that can be entered correctly in the pre-boot environment. Make sure that computer in your organization is compatible or not to support the enhanced PIN.
    Thanks for you help. And I am going with your solution and getting benefit with that.