Thread: How to Install an Application as A Service

How to Install an Application as A Service

I have purchased the new pc few months back. I am geeks which always try to do the tricks to the pc. I don’t get any trick which will run the application as the service. I need some trick which will help me actually. I want to run the application as the service. Can this is possible and if this is possible then how can we do this. Please provide me the suggestion since I want to run some applications as the service.

Re: How to Install an Application as A Service

I have one trick which will help you to run the application as the service. The trick works perfectly for me. But only problem is that it need the knowledge of the registry. If you have the knowledge of the registry then you can do this without any issue. Since if you fail to do this and if registry gets corrupted the system will never starts up or give some problems. But be careful. Doing any changes will cause te problem so take the backup of the registry. Then do this.
    • Start the registry editor.
    • You can do this by going to start-> Run
    • Now type regedit in it.
    • Now go to this key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    • Now type this in that key /v ServiceName /d "c:\path\to\service\file\exe"
    It will make the application which is running as the service.

I don’t know why you required running the application as the service. I don’t think it will help you to do anything. it also doesn’t help you to run the application as faster as compared to the other one. Also using the registry for doing this which can cause the problem if something gone wrong in it. I will suggest you not to do anything to run the application as the service.

I don’t think it will help you for speeding up the application. But as per your information it will cause the problem. And help backdoor to enter the system of your. Since when you select the application as the service if the backdoor gets access it will harm the system.

I think the information for the registry editor for making the application as the service will be useful. Since it will allow running the application which you want to run in the background without the knowledge of the system. And this trick will be useful for those users who actually make the virus or Trojan horse which actually run in the background without the knowledge of the user. So if you are the one who is making the tricks on the friend.

I think running application as the service as many advantage which are actually useful. I will give you the example for it. Since there some of the software which actually used for the schedule maintenance program which actually hogs of the lots of the resources while not using it. So with the help of this we can have the ability to start the application when we want and can stop the application when we required. Also we can schedule the application. Also we can create the trigger which actually allow to start the application when other application starts up. If you have any security software which is helping you to secure you from the internet. So such a application need to be started up at the startup only. We can add the shortcut or can add the application in the registry entry.

I don’t agree with him. If the user has the bad intension in the mind then this will be the bad. This technique is really useful and which we have to use for good reasons and not for making Trojans or anything with it. one of the advantage of running application as the service we can control the application to when to start and when to stop.

I don’t think this will help to install the application as the service its some misunderstanding here with the users. Since it doesn’t install the application as the service but make the application to run as the service. The applications will actually starts when the windows actually starts up. It’s not the actual service . Since the services can run when the windows user even not log in into system. The registry key actually wrote will start the application as the service when user actually logs in the system. The application starts up. And I think it will increase the load time since you have added the custom startup services which also need to be run after system start.

Running application as service is useful which will allow us to run the application as the service. And actually it will run before the user logs in. since I am also running one application as the service. I am using the webcam software which actually starts up before user even logs in into the system. Yes it will be problem if anyone gets access. He can able to breach the security of the system.

Yes running the application as the service has the advantage. Since the service is actually monitored by the windows itself. So if the service crashed by due to some reasons then we don’t need to be worry about it since it is service it will actually starts up again automatically. So its really useful to run the application as the service. We can set the various configurations for windows to solve the error. Which can determine the system to identify if the error occurs at first time then what to do if it occurs at the second time then what to do and so on. So it’s really useful.