Thread: how to reinstall a software

how to reinstall a software

I just got new computer two day before that are lots of Compact disc I got along my computer and even with my keyboard , mouse and speaker . there are total four CDs I want to know how to install software from that all compact disc into my computer. I want to know what is the use of keyboard software and mouse software and do I need to install all the software from CD into my computer… please help me??

Re: how to reinstall a software

To install software there are basic steps which you need to follow firstly click on the setup file of the software and then you will see one form showing terms and conditions so over there you need click on the check button “I AGREE ” as per you view after that click on “NEXT” button again you will see a form asking for the installation type select custom if you want to select limited contents programs or typically of you want to install whole software pack and again click on the “NEXT ” after that it will say you to browse the drive over there you need to select the correct or free space drive after that click on “NEXT ” and after some time you will see “FINISH” button installation of software is complete as you click on finish button. basically keyboard software is for all the shortcut functions which are embedded in keyboard such as volume up ,down shortcut to my computer, calculator and web browser etc it depends on the keyboard so just to activate them you need to install keyboard software and for mouse there is some mouse which comes with extra functioning like multidimensional scrolling and extra button on the left below side of the mouse so particular the same software will support that mouse functions.

• Before installing any software make sure that your system meets all the requirements of the software , utility and application what you aregoing to install.
    • You can check manuals of the software or the readme text file stored in the same file folder as the install generally contain exact the same instructions to install a software or program.
    • While installation, some software or programs may need to install other files, or supporting file then only it is able to run. In this kind of case, the program will show you a message box or prompt you for the other software to get install it may need to execute a install before the program or software can be fully run.
    • When installing a program or software it will be better to close all the other application or software that are executiong.
    • After installing a new software usually it will ask you to reboot\your system in case if it does not then also you should your system after installing each and every software installation to take effect.

the correct way to reinstall a software or program is to firstly completely uninstall it from start menu or in case if you are not getting the software location you can get it from control panel to go to control panel click on start menu and then click on setting and then you see control panel and then click on the add or remove icons and then a list of the programs will appears that are running on your system select the proper one and click on the right end side of the program that is add /remove programs then reinstall it from the updated installation source like website or CD . Uninstalling and then only reinstalling a software is the best way and after both the process reboot or restart your system.

• 1 Make backup copies of the important data such as downloaded files and utilities. Transfer these to a removable flash memory card or CD. For reinstalling your OS, you will lose all your data installed or saved on your system . make sure that your important data should not lost. Check if you have any hidden folders or file left to transfer.

• 2 Close all the active programs or applications or they will use all your memory resources. Disable every active application and even the screen saver
    • 3 Switch the setting from hibernation mode. You need to disable this mode. Or else , the hibernation mode will get activate after certain amount time and probably corrupt or restrict the software installation.

• 4 Check the software or program CD that you ar going to reinstall. check it if it is free from scratches. • 5
    Insert the compact disc in the CD drive. If you are reinstalling. If you are reinstalling an application or software CD, then an message box will be display.
    • 6 Follow the instructions given to complete the process successfully.

• 7 The program could find files originally generated during the previous installation of the software or program. A message box will appear asking if would like to keep the same file or overwrite these new files. keep the files if they are important for you .

• 8 Check your computer after you have finished reinstalling the software. run the application to make check that if it installed correctly.

before installing any driver or utility from your Utilities CD
    1. Close all the open files, and exit all open programs.

2. Insert the CD in CD drive.
    Most of the CD is automatically detected and starts running. If it not happens , go to Microsoft Windows Explorer, then click on your CD drives icon, and then double-click on the autorcd.exe file. Or sometime it may display a message box to you to run the setup files. select OK, and follow the instructions.

3. From the Language combo box, select your language for the driver or utility
    After that you will see a welcome screen.

4. Click on the button Next. The CD will automatically check your hardware to detect drivers that are used on your machine.
    As the CD finishes the hardware check, you can also check other utilities. Below the Search Criteria, select the correct categories from your System Model, and drop-down menus.
    A link appear for the specific drivers and utilities used on your machine.

5. select the link of a specific driver to show information about the driver that you need to install.

6. Select and click on Install button to proceed the installing the driver. from the welcome screen, follow all the screen instructions to complete the installation process.

If you are going to reinstalling an infrared driver, you first need to activate the infrared sensor on the system setup program before the driver installation.
    1. After installing the driver directory to your hard drive as mentioned before, right-click on My Computer.
    2. Click on Properties.
    3. Click on the “Hardware” and then goto Device Manager.
    4. Double-click on the type of device for which you are installing the driver
    5. Double-click the name of the gadgets for which you want to install the driver.
    6. Click on Driver option and then select Update Driver.
    7. Select Install from a list and then click Next.
    8. browse the location where you usually installs all the driver files. And click next
    9. After that Click Finish and reboot your system.

for MS DOS user those who are installing using Microsoft DOS should have some basic knowledge of the MS-DOS commands.
    1. Before installing a program or utility in MS-DOS, you must change the directory that includes all the installation files and folder. Or if you are installing a software or program from a CD or from removable drive, change it to that particular drive. If the installation files are located in any other different folder or directory, use the “dir command “ it will show all the all the folders name or directories and the type “cd command “to change into the proper directory.
    2. Once you get into the directory or folder that includes the installation files, run the file for the setup. Or these os not working then type dir *.exe. These DOS commands will list all the .exe files if any files listed from that directory than execute these files to run the setup of the software or program.

Re if you have installed a new device driver that generates system malfunctioning or instability, Use the XP Device Driver Rollback to relocate the added device driver with the older installed version of that particular device driver.
    To use Device Driver Rollback:
    1. Click on the Start button and make right-click My Computer.
    2. Go to Properties.
    3. Select Hardware and Device Manager.
    4. In the Device Manager form, right click on the device for that you want to install new driver and then click on the properties
    5. Click on the Drivers tab.
    6. Select and Click on Roll Back Driver.