Thread: How to change Self-Encrypting Drive Administrator using Dell Data Protection Access

How to change Self-Encrypting Drive Administrator using Dell Data Protection Access

I have more than a few self-encrypting drives that have been setup by the use of Dell Data Protected | Access software. The PCs for these drives were formerly members of a domain as well as the administrator for the drives were recognized like Domain1\Administrator. These PCs have since been toggle toward a fresh domain. Currently I can no longer manage these drives since the Domain1\Administrator account is no longer an applicable Windows account. How can I modify the administrator on top of these drives to a dissimilar account? I cannot come across a method to perform this all the way through the software's GUI and this appears similar to a primary job that has to be supported.

Re: How to change Self-Encrypting Drive Administrator using Dell Data Protection Access

I lastly realize how to accomplish this. In the UI click on top of Advanced (bottom right), Devices (top middle), and select the suitable Self-Encrypting drive from the catalog click the Manage link next to Device Management. From there the drive administrator to be altered.

Re: How to change Self-Encrypting Drive Administrator using Dell Data Protection Access

Dell Data Protection | Encryption is a smart solution for file encryption, designed to ensure data protection of laptops and desktops, as well as external storage, in case of loss or theft. This solution includes centralized management capabilities and advanced reporting services that enable companies to identify machines that require encryption, to implement policies and audit encryption. The reporting functionality is confirmed that the positions and client devices are secure, regardless of the user, the device in question or the point of use.