Thread: Need some feedback on Asus Version 1.0.1.4n Firmware update

Need some feedback on Asus Version 1.0.1.4n Firmware update

AsusTek just released this update, I found linked on a forum. I want to run this for an router update. But before doing the same want some information on its working. Is there any issue after running this router updates. There are some threads similar to this says that after the firmware flash, there are some number functions which were effected. I am looking for an positive feedback of this. What are the fix provided by this version firmware updates.

Re: Need some feedback on Asus Version 1.0.1.4n Firmware update

After the release I kept a eye on some number of threads which were based on 1.0.1.4n Firmware update. This is mostly related to to Asus routers. Anyhow so far there are number of positive feedback's and there is no errors found in this. Mostly the new router firmware updates provides you better functionality. Before running the update in my view, I will recommend you to have a look on the procedure in detail. Do not miss anything.

If your current router is working fine with the present update, do not for update. As I was working on a vpn setup last time. I run the update for RT-N12 router and found that after update there was major fall in the performance. First of my vpn functionality stopped working at that time and to fix this, I had to add an substitute router. I am still working on this, to roll back old changes and put it back on its place.

I don't know how you face that thing, but the update is really beneficial. There can be some kind of flaw in the mode of update you did. The Firmware Version 1.0.1.4 has number of fix that can be beneficial. The first fix is for those who work on oracle. The current update provides them a better modification of repeater mode procedure. This is just to ensure that after the update the DUT and client can properly access the parent AP.

That goes really advance, and for an common user, it really does not matter. If your router performance is low and if it comes under the list of this router, then surely go for that. It is right that there are more benefit you can carry out after the update. The one which I noticed is that it has enhance networking mapping. There you can view the ips and mac address on your network without much wait time. Till yet I do not find any major issue with the update.

One thing I noticed, but I do not know whether discussing this is important or not. My friend download this firmware form US location and mailed. The same was working fine on this system. He gave that to someone else which does not belong to that reason. After update, he found major dropouts in the connection. What that means. I asked this to the customer support, but not help out there. It can be responsible for some connection dropout.

I had a link from where I got the firmware. For all routers there are different links posted but the version is same. So without fear you can try out this on number of models by Asus. There is not need to worry if there is any problem after update. You can roll back your settings, by running the old firmware back again. This is really not recommended for very old models. Go on the product page, choose your router model and then run the update.

Asus 1.0.14n Firmware Download

I visited your link. And above there is an post which says about download location issue. That is right to some extent. The router firmware is related to some download locations. If you go below you can find more other linked which provides you Global / Asia / China location ot download. This can be due to the number of different ISP settings around the world, and you will have to download the most current version. Here the location also matters.

If you are facing any problem with the 1.0.1.4n Firmware update version then leave it and download 9.0.1.3 beta version. This version is released and more recent on the download page. It supports number of models and I think it is not going to effect any of your settings and configuration. This version came next to 1.0.1.4n and it is an beta version. The final is yet to be released and will have more additional updates.