Thread: why Firmware 1.0.1.4o is not available for US users

why Firmware 1.0.1.4o is not available for US users

I am an Asus technology user from last two years. I don’t have any issue with the functionality. Actually the problem is not related with that. I want to update my firmware to 1.0.1.4o. when I am trying to do that I get the error message that you don’t have the permission to use this service. I cannot understand the reason behind that. I also want to know that DDNS feature is reliable or not.Then I do the search on the web and I come to know that this service is not available to US users. Can anyone give me some idea to understand why asus doing this. Please help me for solving this problem.

Re: why Firmware 1.0.1.4o is not available for US users

I read your problem and come to know that this is the very common problem for US Users. After reading I search for the solution on the web. And as per the Asus Download page the firmware is none for Canadian & US customers. So I want to give the advice to keep your firmware as it is. There is other firmware are available for your use so go for it. I think Asus will provide a better support for that. So, wait for some time and you will get the proper firmware with better functionality.

I want to give you some advice for you. I don’t know whether this is perfect for you or not. That means I don’t sure about the result. I think the reason is it allows configuring wireless frequencies or transmission power. And I think this is not allowed in US. But if you take care of that during configuration which allowed ranges I think it must be OK to use the o version. I think this will be helpful to you while solving this problem. I have only this much of information about this topic.

After reading your problem I also want to give you some suggestion for solving this kind of situation. I suggest you stay away from anything that does not say to you. This unit began a major upgrade, but it had its advantages and disadvantages. I want to give an advice to use "12th version" because every other version has lost your business half a day and a new roll in the end. And I want to tell you that DDNS feature is also not reliable for your system.

I want to give you some suggestion for this topic. You can do the following things that I am giving ere that might be useful to you. First you have to check out for various things. Then make sure you have the correct firmware for your system. Then try to unzipped the firmware and put it on the top level of the USB drive, not inside a subfolder. Then you have to check the network for your system. If there is no error found then try to install the firmware. So first clarify the things.

Your problem is so common for the Asus users so you can get the proper answer easily on the web. But then also I am giving you some advice for that. You have to use another site for downloading the firmware. This is the most common answer for this problem. if you are using the wireless connection then try to use the wired one. And during this make sure that the IP range is near to 192.168.1.x and x for the computer not equals 1. I think this will provide you some help to solve the problem.

I also have the same problem some time before. So that’s why I searched for the solution on the web. But I want to tell you I did not get the proper solution for this. So I prefer to use the older firmware for my system. Actually I don’t have any problem with the older one but I am bored by using it so that’s why I try to update that. but after sometime the new firmware available to my system. So I am giving you an advice to wait for some time and you will get the firmware for your system.