Thread: Is there any Software like Skype for video chatting

Is there any Software like Skype for video chatting

I would like to know if there is any other software like Skype to make video calls and chat over the internet. Skype allows for free chat over the internet but it charges pay for credit when you call land-lines and telephone. Also, I am not satisfied with its call quality as interference is caused by routers, microwave and Bluetooth devices. Please tell me if there is any other software like these, it would be of great help. Please give advice if anyone is better than skype and worth going for and if possible review for the same.

Re: Is there any Software like Skype for video chatting

There are many in competition with Skype for video chatting. The one that comes to my mind is ComBOTS. It will connect your PC or landline with others around the world with no extra charge. Don’t know whether you can call from mobile to other devices but definitely from PC to other device. It is a good software for free video chatting around the world. Try it for yourself and see if its better than Skype or not.

There are much Instant Messaging software like Google Talk and Yahoo Messenger that have integrated video calling chat options. And since there are many who use the traditional chat rooms it already has a lot of users using it. But the Google Talk client works only with Windows and BlackBerry devices and not with Mac or Linux based devices. The Google interface also has many languages to choose from and is good enough for video chatting.

Another one which is a Skype clone is iChat. I think it is a bit better than Skype with many same features as Skype, but with excellent voice quality. It also has integration with iSight video cameras. It also consumes less bandwidth than Skype. iChat but is used only with a Mac OS. It is also the best out there for video-conferencing with 3 or more people. It is good for its pristine audio and video quality but is relatively new than others. But I think with Microsoft taking over Skype it might improve the Skype.

I think that Skype is the best and you cannot have any other better than Skype. They are the old horses and know the market and experienced to deal with any problems. It supports video in high quality and also screen-in-screen format and its audio conferencing allows for 25 people at the same time. Also, Skype supports a huge range of products like Android 3G, Nokia and Blackberry Smartphone and Play stations.

So well will it be best when you can’t see the person you are chatting because of the ads? I will switch it immediately as these ads simply annoy me. Others may be low on quality and features but at least they don’t have these ads on them. Ever since Microsoft’s take over, I have been having connection problems and call drops and so many problems. Also, there is a risk of privacy as anyone can listen in on your conversations as this Skype is not well encrypted and lacks security.

Google Voice is another free program which is good in addition to Skype, WebEx, RHUB, GoMeetNow etc.