Thread: Create Windows Application to send sms from computer to mobile

Create Windows Application to send sms from computer to mobile

Hello, everyone. I want to create a windows application which can send sms to my mobile phone from my computer. This is just for testing purpose. How can I create the application wherein I just have to type the text on the PC and send it to the mobile directly like we send normally from one mobile to another? I am sure there is a way for doing it. I have a android cell phone which can be connected to PC using USB wire. Would prefer c++ as the programming language. Hope someone gives me any hint on how I can do it.

Re: Create Windows Application to send sms from computer to mobile

Since you have an Android phone you can use the tools and support of the android to create the application. You have will have to just write the text in notepad and save it on the file. Then the android application must be created that will check for text files. When you want to send an SMS just push a new text file with the phone number and the message onto the sd card. You can use the android SDK 'adb push' command for that. You can also use internet if you don’t want to use the USB. For this use an online gateway such as Twilio. You will then send messages through easy to use HTTP Api. For connecting to HTTP site use CURL through C++

You can send sms from computer using AT commands. There are two AT commands +CMGS (command name in text: Send Message) and +CMSS (command name in text: Send Message from Storage) which can be used to send SMS messages from a computer / PC. The +CMGS AT command takes the SMS message to be sent as a parameter, and the +CMSS AT command takes the index number which says about the location of the SMS message in the message memory area as a parameter. Following is an example code : “AT+CMGW="91234567"<CR>Sending text messages is easy.<Ctrl+z>”

1) Find an SMS gateway service available on the net. But they come with a price.
    2) Find the APIs for the android phone, and see program the API as said in the first post
    3) Use a windows mobile device and write a app that handles the sending of text, then use ActiveSync to send it to the device you want it to send. In C# you can do this easily. Just apply all these and see if it works out for you. Best of luck.